⊱---𝟑𝟒---⊰

The clear summer days in Liyue were an attraction many travelers loved to experience. The mountain's breeze would delicately brush past their skin, but never would they shiver since it was the perfect balance of it being a comfortable cool breeze hitting in sync with the warm rays of sun.

The sun would nourish the blooming silk flowers that were planted all around the Wangshuu inn, children happily running around and attempting to catch the elegant butterflies that would land on the flowers in search of nectar. Parents would sit at the outside tables of the inn watching their children from a distance as they awaited the food that they ordered from the inn to be delivered to them.

Normally service here was speedier, however being down a reliable unofficial worker not only affected business, but the employee's work ethic.

Within one of the rooms in the inn, Xiao cleaned his apartment, using his vision to sweep away dust as the windows and balcony doors were wide open to let a breeze of fresh air circulate throughout the room. He stood strong and cold in the face of others, seemingly impenetrable with his emotions, but behind closed doors he could only frown in sadness as a default. So, although he was trying to improve his mood through maintaining his environment, he still couldn't rid himself of that frown.

Normally on cleaning days, [ Name ] and him would have worked together to make sure the room remained spotless. She would fill the silence with a light hum, singing tunes she heard from a bard that had made an appearance at the lowest points in their lives.

He swept, the stiff fibers sliding against the floor and pushing dust where he directed it. After he was done, he laid the broom against the wall, angling it so it stood up. He stopped moving, staring blankly at nothing as he began to space out. The only thing that was ever on his mind nowadays was her. Unconsciously, he passed by the open window and walked onto the balcony. He looked out towards the sky, his head angled upwards, wondering if somewhere she could see the same view.

[ Name ] was given the name "Adeptus Astrus" for her immense love towards the stars. She would always take time to appreciate them, and Xiao found his own interpretation as to why. Because one day if they were to vanish, you'll miss them. Even if you granted them little attention before then, you'll still long for their return and regret not appreciating it while it lasted.

He hadn't realized it when she was around, too used to her presence to dwell on the matter, but she was the one he held most dear.

To humans, she was the guiding light in the dark. She never failed to be there when she heard a plea for help, and she always remained a beacon of reassurance and safety. She loved humans and she forced out the humanity in him time and time again.

"[ Name ], my [ Name ]..." Xiao whispered as he looked out from his balcony towards the star-less sky, ignoring how his heart thumped painfully against his chest.

His hand balled into a fist against the railing, anger consuming him and heating up his body. He glared at nothing, finding there wasn't anything around him to let out his frustration on.

"Archons, answer my questions..."

Dozens of questions rang in his mind, all being left unanswered as he was greeted with silence.

He couldn't understand how she was able to make him into one of those stars she held dear. One that outshines any other like a dot of white on a black canvas. And one that can't fully understand why he had to make the realization that she was his version of her stars.

A familiar tune hit his ears, the light humming one he knew all too well. Disillusioned, he thought the humming was a voice. One layered in honey and sweet to his ears, one that he loved to hear but never dared to voice that out loud. When he turned with widened eyes, he was met with a sight he had not expected.