⊱---𝟑𝟗---⊰

The metal door was hurriedly pulled open, leaning all her weight backwards as she pried the rusted thing apart. Her frantic steps echoed off from the metal walls as the concrete hit against her feet, her eyes scanning all around her in search of Takemichi.

Her hands cupped around her mouth as she shouted, "Takemichi! Where are you-- you better be okay!"

Her voice echoed, hitting each wall and corner of the warehouse as the hollowness of it was only accompanied with a few abandoned stacks of boxes. As the sun fully set, moonlight spilled in through the open windows on the left and right side of the warehouse, exposing the dust that flew into the air when she walked in.

It looks to have been relatively untouched for a long time now.

There was no response to her calling and her heavy breathing clashed with the low grumbling of machinery. She walked in further slowly, realization striking her as her eyes became shadowed. A putrid smell hit her, her nose scrunching in a displeasure that made her guard shoot up.

The grumbling of the machinery accelerated into a growl, and something above her head shifted making dust and small balls of dirt fall to the ground. Her hand outstretched in front of her, and her eyes squeezed tightly as she mentally willed her weapon into existence.

"Demon... if you laid a finger on Takemichi, I'll be sure to swiftly send you to the afterlife," she coldly said, her words dripping with nothing but rage.

A hostile clicking noise echoed as a response to the threat. [ Name ]'s eyes widened as she quickly turned around, only to see a creature drop down from the ceiling to the entrance.

'What is it doing?' she wondered as she watched it ignore her in favor of clawing at a pillar.

Distracted by the actions of the demon, the rumbling below her feet went ignored. Suddenly, the floor below her vanished and rubble flew into the air, hitting her mercilessly along the way. She gasped and tried to jump out of the way, however, sharp, jagged teeth impaled her calf and dragged her down.

She bit down a scream at her lip and kicked at the face of the creature. She twirled her weapon in-between her fingers and began to jab it into its face, trying to get it to let go.

It finally backed off with a whine when she jabbed a soft spot on its forehead, its teeth coated in blood as they removed themself from her leg.

"There's two of them?! What the hell, they don't band together!" She said out loud in her confusion.

Before she could regain her composed posture as her leg dragged, a stack of crates slammed to the ground as a demon running on all fours like a vicious wolf lunged at her with drool flying out of its mouth. [ Name ] felt sweat drip down her neck to her collar bone before she dodged.

The clumsy demon slammed into the metal wall, denting it and making a loud 'boom' echo that those at the back of the festival could even hear.

"Is this a nest or something? Why three? ...Or is this intentional?"

She wasn't dumb. The person that told her to come here clearly set this up-- or was told to tell her to come here by someone else who did. That was the only logical explanation since these types of demons sought their prey individually. They must have been lured here together.

Shaking her head, she focused on the enemy in front of her. "Whatever the case... Takemichi, you better be okay," [ Name ] mumbled as she narrowed her eyes at the creature closest to her.

The one that bit her calf dived back down, water shooting out of the new hole it created from a pipe it broke. The one clawing at the pillar finally succeeded in cutting it down, the item falling as it blocked off the only entrance / exit, leaving her trapped with the three creatures.