⊱---𝟑𝟑---⊰

[ Name ] and Chifuyu were quick to part ways, heading to their respective homes for the night. While [ Name ] slept relatively soundly, Takemichi was tossing and turning all night as he contemplated his next course of action.

In the morning, he left relatively early— before even [ Name ], an Adeptus who doesn't need sleep, could wake up. He walked mindlessly with no specific destination; hands leisurely in his pockets as he wondered just what exactly to do. And as if the universe was guiding him along, he had bumped into Chifuyu in the park sitting on a swing.

The two got to know one another as they discussed Baji— his intentions and what he meant to Chifuyu. Takemichi could tell Chifuyu was hurt emotionally by Baji's decision, but he also completely trusted that what Baji was doing was right. Although Takemichi started to contemplate it, Chifuyu brought up his encounter with [ Name ] yesterday. Takemichi was shocked, not knowing she had returned in the first place making Chifuyu sweat drop thinking she probably wanted to keep that a secret.

He told Takemichi about what [ Name ] had seen in Baji while he was proving his loyalty to Valhalla, and it convinced Takemichi right away that Baji definitely had ulterior motives. He explained a little bit about [ Name ] to Chifuyu without giving away all her secrets, and how he was convinced since she was always amazing at reading people.

At the mention of Kisaki, the two realized that they had a common enemy. And Baji was trying to expose Kisaki by the looks of things. So together, they went out to find information on Kisaki. The people they interrogated were all hesitant to even speak his name, and in the end, one thing was confirmed. Kisaki was their enemy.

Although they weren't able to gather much information, they mutually decided that they would be sticking together from now on. The two had a common goal and would work together to expose the lies Kisaki spread and convince Baji to come back to Toman.

Takemichi meets with Naoto and shakes hands with him so that he once again finds himself in the future. He needs to know what happens so that he can prepare for it— knowing Hina was still dead in the future so something had to change. His solution was to speak with someone that was no doubt there— Naoto and him heading to the jail to meet up with Draken.

And that's where they currently were, sitting in the waiting room looking at the dividing glass as they waited for the guards to bring Draken inside.

Draken was eventually brought in, and after both parties were briefed, the guards left the room so that they could talk.

"On Bloody Halloween— Draken, what exactly happened?" Takemichi asked, Draken's eyes widening momentarily.

The brief look that flashed across Draken's face was something neither Takemichi nor Naoto had seen before. It was quick to vanish though, as Draken berated Takemichi for not remembering before re-telling the story from his point of view.

He remembered how [ Name ] stood frozen, having taken the brutal pipe attack that was meant for Kisaki straight to the face. Her head had spun in shock as her mind hazed momentarily, taking a moment to control her body to absorb the blow. Her head was angled to the side and her cheek was cut and torn in various spots from the ragged and rusty pipe. Blood spilled down her neck to her chest and soaked into her clothing.

Her name was yelled frantically and the sound of metal hitting against metal was deafening— Baji having dropped the pipe in shock making it bounce down the tower of cars.

Behind her, Kisaki's face was shadowed. He had a dark look and no grin present whatsoever. He showed no signs of concern for his Vice-Captain, however he walked towards her with his hand shoved nonchalantly in his pocket. Most would think he was about to check on her or was about to go around her to defend her, but Hina's gut had told her something was wrong.