A bird worth fighting for

Miles and Levi walked inside the Birdington's mansion, noticing all sorts of decorations around the main entrance with the most notable being a large water fountain that has a bird on top of it. The two passed by the fountain and made their way over to an elevator as they stepped into it. Seconds later the elevator closed as the two stood there, watching it go down through the elevator windows on the way to the bottom floor. "I'm assuming you also don't know what my father wants to talk to me about right?" Miles asks the butler.

"No idea, he told me to escort you over to his office while he was on the phone, after that he didn't say anything else to me" Levi replies back. "Did you hear who he was talking to?" Miles asks. "I'm guessing it was the principal, informing him that you will be excused but who knows, that's not my kind of business" Levi told him. "He's not wrong about that," Miles replies in his head.

"But that doesn't really answer my question though" *Sigh* "Maybe I'm just being overdramatic. My dad most likely just wants to talk about his business all day with me. He's been pestering me and telling others that I will take over his company once he's too old to run it. The thing is I'm not for that, I always dream of wanting to be an influencer, sharing my stories all across the world and inspiring others to be themselves. Man wouldn't that be amazing, but clearly my dad doesn't see it that way. He keeps forgetting about it or to be honest ignoring my dream all together. In favor of me keeping this façade up. Maybe someday that would change but as now..." Miles explains to himself as he and Levi noticed the elevator being opened.

"It's time to snap back to reality" Miles says. The two then walked out of the elevator going to the left until they reached a door which Levi proceeded to open revealing a waiting area that had a female receptionist writing names down in a booklet. "Oh Miles it's good you finally showed up, go inside your dad is waiting for you" She said before pointing at the door to his dad's office. "Alright, See you Miles," Levi said, beginning to walk back to the hallway. "Wait where are you going?" Miles wondered.

"I am not requested to go inside, that request is for you only. I will be upstairs if you need me after.... good luck" Levi said before walking back through the door and into the hallway, shutting the door on the way out. Miles then turned to face the door of his dad's office. "Why does that sound like a bad sign?" Miles went over to the door, slowly opening it to not interrupt any conversation that was going on. However as he was opening it, he overheard his dad talking to someone on the phone which he took a peek from behind the door and saw he was talking while looking at a large bookshelf.

"How many times do I have to repeat myself? I have already told you to take care of that ages ago" His dad told the person on the phone. Miles proceeded to step into the office planning to head over to a chair that was in front of his dad's desk but as he made his way over there, an unfamiliar Werewolf with their back against the wall caught his eye, leading him to stop for a moment to stare at them.

The Werewolf in question has bright blue fur, bright pink and yellow hair wearing golden bracelets, red overalls with straps and golden buttons. Another thing that stuck out about them was they wore feather earrings that matched their appearance perfectly.

"What is a werewolf doing in here? Does she work for my dad or something?" Miles wondered. "Don't Asher me! It is not that hard to go down there and block it off! Don't make me do it myself, get down there and block it off and if it's not done by next week, you and your team are fired! Do I make myself clear?" Asher asks the one on the phone but then he notices Miles standing there in confusion.

"Look, I don't have time for this anymore. I have my son down here and I need to worry about that right now so we can talk more later" He adds. "Alright bye" Asher then hung up the phone, getting up from his chair in the process.

"Oh son, you're finally here, a little late but who cares" Asher told his son. "Hey dad, um what was that about?" Miles asks. "Nothing... just someone not doing their job properly, it's not that surprising'' his dad said. "I guess so, so why did you want me home early? I was trying to get some studying done before I went to do another test" Miles replies. "Son... don't lie to me I already know, you were messing with Taylor's boy in the cafeteria, one of the teachers saw the whole thing play out" Asher told Miles.

"Dad, it's not what it sounds like. I was just trying to negotiate with them so I could talk to Martinez, I promise there wasn't any other reason" Miles tried to explain but then Asher's smartwatch started  beeping randomly. "Actually hold that thought I'm in need to give you your daily allergy medicine" Asher said opening his desk to reveal some pills which he then gave to Miles along with a cup of water from a bottle on his desk.

"Seriously, do I have to take this?" Miles asks. "Every day son, you know how it is. You have to be good and healthy after all" Asher said as Miles proceeds to take the medicine, after he briefly takes a drink of water.

"Any who, your meddling with that kid has started to become a problem and I think it is time for a change. It's time you need to start being more positive around others" Asher told his son. In response Miles spat out the water and started getting mad. "Bruh!, there is no way in heck I'm doing that, my status would be ruined! Have you seen my social media lately? Besides, didn't my pitch give you some hope for my future?" Miles asks his father.

"Miles, I have already told you my reaction. Your pitch was literally awful. I'm not buying you a casino and another nightclub, that nightclub twenty minutes away I got you is already enough as it is" Asher said before getting up from his chair to walk over to his office's window.

"Son, come over here, take a look at this," Asher told his son. Miles listened and got up walking over to his dad. Out the window Miles saw multiple scientists doing different jobs with a small of them testing out a machine that created a robot in a matter of seconds.

"You see Miles, this is exactly what I dreamed to be when I was a teen, to own my very own empire and finally show others I'm worth something then just some nobody, after years and years of building up my business. I finally did it, I made my dream come true, which is why we are standing here today" Asher explained. "So what does that have to do with me?" Miles asks. "Well... I just think" Asher said before the werewolf behind him cut him off "Are you two done yet? I got places to be you know" The werewolf comments.

"Oh yeah I forgot, sorry to keep you waiting miss, Miles this is who I wanted to talk to you about" Asher said

"Oh yeah I forgot, sorry to keep you waiting miss, Miles this is who I wanted to talk to you about" Asher said. "A werewolf? Is she important or something?" Miles asks. "Well I decided to take some liberties from your friend Damian's parents and I got you a companion... She was one of the singers that guest starred in the concert before the incident happened, so I made it up to her and gave her a job. So Miles I would like to introduce to you... JayJay Burdell. Your new bodyguard" Asher announced to him. Miles was surprised, having no clue what to say about this at all, but he knew he couldn't argue against it. But then he got an idea.

"Oh... I... actually you know what dad" Miles said smiling. "I think this might be a blast"