Aang: Thanks for the rescue, buddy!

_: we needed it!

(Suddenly the ship starts to vibrate violently. A huge spear of ice breaks through the foredeck straight into the sky. The Fire Navy ship has been surrounded by Water Tribe skiffs full of waterbenders. Together they the Fire Navy ship out of the water on a bed of ice. Appa _ and Aang take off the now heavily listing deck. As Aang _ and Appa rise above the now wrecked ship, _ and Aang's expression turns to horror and surprise as he looks in front of him. The horizon is full of Fire Navy ships as far as the eye can see.)

_: no. there... theres to many, this is a nightmare.

Aang: You have got to be kidding me.

Water Tribe warriors walking up stairs, then to a headshot of Chief Arnook once again addressing a group of soldiers.)

Chief Arnook: Men, you'll be infiltrating the Fire Nation navy. That means you'll all need one of these uniforms...

Hahn, an arrogant looking, dark haired young man. The uniform he wears, while clearly of the Fire Nation, is not current standard issue. In particular, the shoulder armor has wings that curve upward. Laughter from ? is heard, then switch to a wide shot of the assembly to reveal that it is Sokka who is laughing. He puts his hand over his mouth. The other warriors turn to look at him.)

Hahn: What's your problem?

Sokka: Fire Navy uniforms don't look like that.

Hahn: Of course they do. These are real uniforms captured from actual Fire Navy soldiers.

Sokka: When, like a hundred years ago?

Chief Arnook: Eighty five.

Sokka: The Fire Nation doesn't wear shoulder spikes anymore. The newer uniforms are more streamlined.

(Sokka bends the tip of one of the shoulder spikes back with the tip of his finger and lets get out. It bounces back to its original shape

Hahn (to Arnook): How do we know we can trust this guy? Such bold talk for a new recruit.

Chief Arnook: Sokka is from our sister tribe, Hahn, he is a capable warrior and I value his input.

Sokka looking smugly at Hahn, who is none too pleased.

Chief Arnook: Now, our first objective is to determine the identity of their commanding officer.

Sokka: His name is Zhao. Middle-aged. Big sideburns. Bigger temper.

Chief Arnook: Sokka, I want you to tell everything you know to Hahn, he is leading this mission. Hahn, show Sokka your respect. I expect nothing less from my future son-in-law.

(Arnook exits left as Hahn pushes his hair back over his ears. The screen pans right to reveal that Sokka's jaw has dropped in shock at the Chief's last pronouncement. He recovers and points an accusing finger at hahn.)

Sokka: Princess Yue's marrying you?

Hahn: Yeh, what of it?

Sokka (turning away): Nothing, congratulations.

a late afternoon or sunset shot of the advancing ranks of Fire Navy ships firing volleys of fireballs towards the city. Some land inside the city and some hit the outer wall. Master Pakku in front of a group of waterbenders.)

Master Pakku: Stop those fireballs!

Yue: They've stopped firing.

(Appa swoops into the frame.)