Sokka: Hi, there. Sokka, Southern Water Tribe.

Princess Yue (smiling and bowing slightly): Very nice to meet you.

Sokka (after a brief pause, trying desperately to strike up a conversation): So... uh... you're a Princess! (She nods and smiles) You know, back in my tribe, I'm kinda like a Prince myself!

Katara: Ha! Prince of what?

_: cuz last time I checked you are dependant of others and...

Sokka (angry): A lot of things! Uh, do you mind? I'm trying to have a conversation here!

Katara (with a mock bow): our apologies, Prince Sokka.

Sokka (turning back to Yue and trying to recover): So it looks like I'm gonna be in town for awhile. I'm thinking maybe we could...(then lamely) do an activity together?

Princess Yue: Do an "activity"?

(Sokka, sweating, pauses then stuffs his mouth with some stuff on the table. _ and Katara clearly enjoying their brother's lame attempt at courting.)

Katara: Very smooth.

_: almost as smooth as the ice we found aang in

(Cut to a long shot of the plaza fountain. In front of it stand the Chief, Master Pakku and Aang.)

Chief Arnook: Master Pakku, meet your newest student, the Avatar.

(Aang bows.)

Master Pakku: Just because you're destined to save the world, don't expect any special treatment.

Aang (trying to ignore this): My friend and I can't wait to start training with you - after we relax for a couple days.

Master Pakku: If you want to relax, then I suggest visiting a tropical island. If not, I'll see you both at sunrise. Good night.

(Master Pakku walks away, Chief Arnook shrugs.

the next day

Katara: I've waited for this day my whole life! I finally get to learn from a real waterbending master!

_: oh so i who bended like an experienced 7 year bender at 3 isnt considered a master?

Katara: i meant a known master, by others, your the best bender i know.

_: (chuckles) im the only bender you know

Master Pakku manipulating a blob of water.

Aang: Good morning, Master Pakku!

Master Pakku (dropping the water blob with a grimace): No, please, march right in, I'm not concentrating or anything.

Aang: Uhh... these are my friends, _ and Katara, the ones I told you about?

(they bow while Aang introduces them. Master Pakku looks over at them as if they were bugs.)

Master Pakku (creating an ice chair for him to sit down in): I'm sorry. I think there's been a misunderstanding. You didn't tell me your friend was a girl. In our tribe, it is forbidden for women to learn waterbending.

Katara: What do you mean you won't teach me? (Walking up to Pakku) I didn't travel across the entire world so you could tell me "no"!

Master Pakku: No.

Katara (hands on her hips): But there must be other female waterbenders in your tribe!

Master Pakku: Here the women learn from Yugoda to use their waterbending to heal. I'm sure she would be happy to take you as her student despite your bad attitude.