Aang: I'm tired of carrying this pack.

Katara: You know who you should ask to carry it for a while? Sokka's Instincts!

Aang: That's a great idea! Hey, Sokka's Instincts, would you mind-

Sokka: Okay, okay-I get it. Look guys, I'm tired too. But the important thing is that-- (He pushes the branches from two rust red-leafed bushes and holds them, focussing his attention on by ___ Aang and Katara.) --we're safe from...the- (He finally turns around to see what's beyond the bushes.) --Fire...Nation...

(Sokka, Aang ___ Katara and Momo have just walked into a clearing with a Fire Nation encampment in it. On the opposite end of the clearing are three Pavilion tents, and an active fire pit with logs as benches on two sides. The camp is occupied.

Cut to the reaction of the soldiers-most of them seated or crouching near the fire with bowls in hand. The surprise of others. On a couple of soldiers seated closest to the tents, which have doorflaps with the Fire Nation emblem on them. One of these soldiers has a patch over his left eye.

Sokka: RUN!

(As they drop their packs, The soldiers leap up from the logs, swords out. The one-eyed soldier takes a bender's stance and launches a fist-full of fire at them. The fire misses them-mostly-but sets the bushes behind them alight.)

Sokka: We're cut off! (Meanwhile, the left sleeve of his tunic is on fire.)

Aang/___: Sokka, your shirt!

Sokka looks, and YELLS in panic.

Katara uncorks a skin container and begins to bend the contents-water-into a flowing ribbon. The ribbon splashes against Sokka's tunic, putting it out. Katara redirects the ribbon back into the waterskin and replaces the cap.

They are surrounded: the burning bushes behind them, the soldiers all around. They put their backs together and face the warriors, ready to fight if necessary.

Sokka: If you let us pass, we promise not to hurt you.

Katara (quietly): What are you doing?

Sokka: Bluffing?

(The One-eyed Captain smiles from his lines.)

Captain: You? Promise not to hurt us?

(There is a quiet ZIP and THUD. The Captain looks surprised for a moment, then groans and collapses face first on the ground. His men lower their weapons a little.)

Aang: Nice work, Sokka! How'd ya do that?

Sokka: Uh...instinct?

Katara: Look!

(She points to somewhere above. Blur to a figure standing on the massive branch of a nearby tree. The person drops something and draws two blades from the middle of his back.. He steps off the back of the branch, his weapons held high. Instead of falling straight down, the weapons seem to catch on the branch, allowing him to sling himself in the direction of the camp. The stranger kicks over two of the soldiers farthest from the Trio; he lands with a foot on each of their backs.

He is JET. He is a young man-about Sokka's age. Except for a red vest, he's dressed from neck to toe in dark green clothing. What little armor he has (shoulder caps and hip/upper thigh covers) are mismatched. He has a shaggy mane of brown hair, and a twig held in his teeth.

He rushes forward, his shuang gou (twin hook sword) in each hand. He hooks a leg each on another pair of soldiers and sends them head over heels. With a polished body flip, he launches them through the air. They end up in a heap on top of their prone captain.
Jet lands on his feet, ready for more.)