Be a Leader

"Finn, what are we doing?" Bellamy gestured his hand at him.

"What?"

"With Violet?"

"Why are we doing anything with me?" She crossed her arms.

"Well I was just asking cause you'll slow us down."
"No I won't!"
"Well your not the fastest."
"And I'm not the slowest, I can keep up on my own." Violet scowled.

"Fine, here then." He rolled his eyes, shoving a bow at her as well as a handful of arrows, knocking her back a few inches.

"Let's get going."

Violet followed the crowd out of the dropship, all of them leaving through the gates as Bellamy extinguished the final campfire.
People walked all around with guns, the forest seeming to never end, Violets internal fear producing fake images of grounders being in the trees.

"You know the first thing I'm gonna do when we get to the beach?" Miller spoke
"No, what?" Jasper sighed.
"I want to go surfing."

"You can if we live, quiet. Keep your eyes open." Jasper whispered, his eyes nervously scanning the trees.

"No more woods. A view of the ocean. No more damn trees, just pale blue water."

In felt as if in an instant everybody was stopped in the middle of the woods.
The people up front holding their fists in the air signaling a stop.

"Why are we stopping?" Violet whispered.

"I-I don't know."

"What is it?"
"I don't see anything, maybe we're good?"

Violet felt herself grabbing Clarke's hand, screaming as the boy who was standing in front of her fell to the ground, a blade sticking out of his face.

"GROUNDERS!"

People began screaming, turning to run back to camp as Clarke screamed, noticing Violet fall behind, being trampled by those running back.
"VIOLET!"
She ran towards the kid, pulling her wrists to get her up off the ground as she whimpered, running next to Clarke as she burst into tears.

"MOVE, MOVE, MOVE!"

Within a matter of minutes they had everybody back inside the camp, gunners sitting atop the wall, ready for whatever was coming their way.

"I don't see anyone!"
"They're right behind us! Go, go, go!"
Clarke let go of Violet, running up besides Bellamy, staring off into the woods, not seeing any sign of anything.
"Stay here!"

"Where the hell are they? Why aren't they attacking?" Bellamy grumbled.

"Because we're doing exactly what they wanted us to do."

"What are you talking about?" Bellamy asked nervously.

Clarke sighed, turning around and looking at the crowd,"Lincoln said the scouts would be the first to arrive."

"Well, if it's just scouts we can fight our way out," Octavia proposed, "that's what Lincoln would do." 

"We're done doing what that grounder would do!" Bellamy argued, "we tried it, and now Drew is dead! You wanna be next?"

"That grounder saved our lives! I agree with Octavia. For all we know, there's one scout out there."

"Yeah, one scout with insanely good aim."

"Clarke! We can still do this."

Clarke looked back and forth between Bellamy and Octavia, and then found her eyes searching for Violet, finding her sitting on the dirt platform, watching the argument unfold.

"Don't! Don't do that thing where you only look at Violet because she's-"

An arrow whizzed past Bellamy's head, hitting the ground as he looked past Clarke in disbelief.

"You really wanna do this now?" Violet swore.

"Looking to you Princess, what's it gonna be?" Bellamy sighed, looking at Clarke with a sense of urgency. "Run and get picked off out in the open, or stand and fight back?"

Clarke sighed, jumping down the platform that Violet was sitting on, getting stopped by Finn.
"Clarke! If we're still here when Tristan gets here-"

"Lincoln said "scouts", more than one. He said 'get home before the scouts arrive.', Finn, they're already here!" She turned towards Bellamy, shaking her head. "Looks like you've got your fight."

He cleared his throat, "Okay, then. This is what we've been preparing for! Kill them before they kill us! Gunners, to your posts! Use the tunnels to get in and out, from now on, the gate stays closed."

"Violet, let's go." Finn motioned for her, as she climbed off the platform, following him again.

"We need to get you out of here." He muttered.

"No! I don't wanna leave you!"

"Violet, I know. Your terrified of us leaving you, but I think this time you need to get out." Finn crouched down, holding her hands as he explained it to her.
"I know you wanna stay out and fight with and for us, but we can't risk you getting hurt again, you have to stay in the gates, inside the dropship. Okay?"

"Then you have to take my bow." Violet whispered, trying not to cry as Finn let go of her hands and she pulled the bow off her shoulder as she handed him the arrows.
"I promise, everything will be okay. Nothings gonna happen to me, I swear."