Part Two:Chapter Seven "I don't like dates"

Начните с самого начала

"Until I found that the snow started early this year, the choice of my attire was not suited for this occasion," I replied sitting down at the island next to Theodore with Diana in front of us. I noticed the start of dark circles begin to form under his grey-colored eyes, what was causing Theodore to be lacking sleep?
"Well, you won't have to worry about the cold much longer," Diana spoke rinsing out her mug and starting to wash it. I fixed my gaze her way with a confused stare. "It seems Bruce has another mission for you Λουλούδι." She smiled drying her hands and coming around the island.
"That would be three this month plus patrols. What could be possibly happening now?" I started feeling the tension refill in my body as I was mentally prepared for whatever Bruce needed me for.
  "Once you rest for a moment and eat, you can boom tube to the bat cave for debriefing. You've had a long flight head up to your room and freshen up while I make something to warm you up." Diana placed a kiss on the crown of my head sending me on my way with my bags to my room. I entered my room releasing held-up air in my lungs trying to shake off the tension. I set my bags down on my bay widow and began unpacking and sorting what needed to be washed. Putting my unworn clothes away, I stopped to look at the new photos I asked Diana to print for me. I smiled seeing my first Halloween party captured forever in the photo with Marella and Nadine. I was still a bit confused why people still dressed up in costumes if it was known now that it didn't keep monsters at bay but I played along nonetheless. The next photo was off training day with all of the bat sons, I was paired up with Tim In which we weirdly bonded over our love for patrols. The faith that both of us have in Gotham makes both of us do what we can see Gotham prosper. I pulled out of my daydream and pulled different attire out of my wardrobe and repacked only one bag this time, I then moved into my bathroom and washed away the long flight.
Squeezing the towel against my hair I caught my reflection in the foggy mirror. I froze in my spot seeing a glimpse of orange in the mirror, I could feel the dread mixed with the exhaustion in me as I tried to calm down my breathing. I felt my control slipping as Peri tried to calm me and absorb the negative effects of the Lazarus pit.
"Not there...Not real...please not today." I pried my hand away from the towel and wiped away the steam from the mirror and slumped my shoulders down to see a simple orange pot filled with a flower from Themyscira. Still feeling the shakiness in my legs I walked out of the bathroom and dressed myself in warmer clothes before I finally laid down on my bed knowing my terrors are going to appear once again as I forcefully close my eyes.
.........
Entrance to cave Via Boom-Tube "Wonder-girl"
Two hours passed since I landed in Gotham and I finally made my way into the cave now feeling how much the snow dampened my coat. Peeling it off and laying it across my suitcase tucking the files under my arm and making my way to the center of the cave. I moved my left shoulder around trying to relieve the newfound pain in the area after my unpleasant nap. Seeing the map pulled up on the bat computer and seeing the Dark Knight along with Robin and Super Boy, contemplated whether I should have dressed in my uniform rather than Damian's turtle neck with dark blue jeans with my black leather boots. Hearing the heels of my boots click against the floor of the cave, the three heroes turned to face me. I sent a soft smile toward the three before giving my undivided attention to the dark knight. Standing causing an elongated shadow to envelope all light around me, Batman as always had his stare on his face in case he needed to give his infamous bat glare.
"Mission successful?" Batman spoke in one tone with barely any emotion.
"I'm insulted you doubt that I wouldn't." Setting my bag down then handing the classified file to the dark knight. "And don't worry I took precautions to make sure that this is the only copy left digitally and physically." Remembering Tim's virus I let loose into Cadmus systems. I stuck my hands in the back of my pockets watching the batman look over the file.
"Was security as tight as I suspected?" Batman questioned turning away from me causing all the lights from the cave to flood back in my direction.
"For a remote place in Brazil that even the amazons that reside in the nearby forest didn't know about...Shockingly yes, can I finally get an answer from you about why you of all people needed me to break into the said place and steal their information on portal creation? I smirked seeing I caught the attention of Batman from the file.
  "I see you've already decrypted the file then." I shrugged walking closer to the computer and glancing towards Superboy and Robin after feeling an intense stare my way sending butterflies to erupt in my stomach. "Ever since your fight at Gotham Academy, portals of the same hue have been appearing not only in Gotham but in Metropolis, Star City, and Jump City. According to my research, Jump City has the most hotspots for these portals appearing. I'm sending you three over the break to investigate and find a way to stop these from appearing. Whether it be temporary or permanent either of the two are acceptable." I was a bit shocked to hear Batman say the word temporary but kept my composure. "You're base of operations is at Titans Tower a place that Robin and Superboy are familiar with, But absolutely no matter what...the Titans are not allowed to know why you are there."
"You're asking us to lie to our fellow Titans about our intentions in Jump City? You realize Your son and I are a part of the Titans?" Superboy asked reviving the glare from Batman. "Wouldn't be easier to ask for their help so we can accomplish our mission faster?"
"More people that know the more chance our enemies know were on to them and lives can be lost." Batman countered "This is strictly League business, you three have been personally picked for this mission. Not being as widely known to the public gives you an advantage."
"And that's fine the less I work with the better but how do you expect our civilian personas to deal with this long disappearance from Gotham?" I questioned crossing my arms and leaning against the bat-computer looking over to the three questioning why Robin has been silent this whole time. Once again I catch him staring at me as Batman next to him turns my way.
"The paparazzi know you like to avoid attention, so that should cover it for maybe a few weeks max, Tim has your social media programmed to post some faceless photos of you hanging around the manor with Damian Then when everyone starts getting antsy, I'll send the jet to Wayne enterprises Argentina division and announce that you're volunteering until the break is over. They'll eat it up, and as long as you keep your identities separate from your other identity people won't suspect you three in Jump City."
Robin let out a small laugh before sitting up straighter "Then what do we tell the other Titans when they questioned why we are in Jump City in the early season of winter rather than the summer when we normally attend Father?"
"Simply taking Davina to introduce her to the rest of the Titans and see if she would like to join the team. Fraternize with other meta-teens like her." Batman started locking the file in a drawer using his fingerprint as a key. "The other league members seem to believe that the future of the Justice League is approaching, and for some reason, you three are the ones to watch...I want you to prove it." After that Batman simply walked off to a different level of the cave. I was concerned about the last statement from the dark knight, I wasn't a fan of being "watched" I felt like I was back with LOA having to prove my worth for a title I didn't desire. I tore my gaze from where the dark knight walked away and moved it towards my dear friends.
"I am sorry you are being commanded to deceive your friends, I understand it is not pleasant." I unraveled my arms from my chest and turned my body their way. Jon smiled before quickly pulling me into a tight embrace, I smiled returning the gesture before I was set back on the ground. "It is good to see you, Jonny.
"I'm glad you're back Dee, patrols with Mr. Abominable over there haven't been very fun while you were gone." Jon pointed back towards Damian who had an offended look on his mask-covered face.
I moved towards the boy's wonder before placing a finger on the R symbol of his suit. "And what happened to be on your best behavior hmmm?" I teased sending a mischievous smile his way.
Still sending a prolonged glare to Jon that could rival his fathers, Damian slowly then looked down at me grabbing my hand and pulling me into my fourth embrace of the day. The smell of disinfectant and leather mixed with Damian's fading cologne filled my nose as I moved my arms under his shoulders Turing my hands backward to place them comfortably on his shoulder blades.
"Tch...I kept my promise, I didn't cause any harm for the entirety of these two weeks." I felt Damian's head move upwards resting on the top of my head "Snitch." I laughed at the word Damian whispered Jons way.
"Easy Wonder Boy." I moved one hand to intertwine with the small curls on the nape of his neck, only to find they weren't there. I pulled back floating a bit while gently turning his face to see with my eyes they were gone. "You cut your hair?" Another "Tch" came from Damian before I heard Jon start laughing.
"Blame intoxicated Todd, he invited Harper over and got the new aspiration to become a barber." I used the access material of my sleeve to cover my face from Damian's view as I attempted to hide my growing laughter. Damian rolled his eyes then proceeded to look up shaking his head and leaving his hands to rest around my waist. "Glad everyone found this amusing," Damian complained
"Your hair will grow back Dami, and I promise retaliation against Jason and this Harper in your honor." I patted his hero symbol before taking a step back. "Now, important question how are we getting to Jump City?"
.........