Chapter 21: Devil Skull

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"You, give me the candle." The muscular woman ordered Jack, and Jack groaned out loud, already annoyed with this.

"No screw you." Jack then remembered he had no idea who this woman was. "Wait, who even are you?"

"Joan." The tall woman informed Jack, and Zane looked pale, with a drop of sweat running down his face. "Now give me the candle."

"Jack, we need to run, NOW." Zane informed Jack before grabbing his friend's hand to start running to the tree line that laid towards the west.

"What? Why?!" Jack asked Zane while Freya and Caroline both followed with concerned expressions on their faces.

"Because Joan died back on 12/12/12!" Zane shouted at Jack, and Jack felt a chill run down his spine.

"There's an area called Devil's Skull nearby, we can hide there!" Caroline informed everyone. "We need to slow Joan down though!"

"Zane, hold the candle." Jack ordered Zane before putting Jojo on his head. Jack then made the 'Amun' symbol with his hands. "Amun!"

Jack used Amun to form a barrier of wind around Joan, who barely noticed. Caroline noticed this and decided to help Jack by summoning storm clouds using her ability. From these storm clouds, blue bolts of lightning struck where Joan was. Both Jack and Caroline expected Joan to at least be damaged, but she looked as though nothing happened, and her eyes were glowing red. She walked straight through the barriers as though they were nothing, so Jack made the 'Anubis' hand sign to summon a jackal head to try and bite Joan, only for her to kick the jackal head so hard that it disappeared.

"Just behind the trees, the Devil's Skull should be behind those trees!" Zane was checking his phone. "Any spells used there will be neutralized for some reason, and it's a massive area that's easy to lose people. So we should be able to lose her no matter what!"

The four of them ran into the tree line and came out on the other side to see a massive boulder. No...it wasn't a boulder, it was a giant gray skull! The massive skull looked as big as a house, and had massive horns growing out of it. Instead of two eye holes, it had six, with the extra eyes being lined up on top of his first two eyes. Its teeth were sharp and the size of whole trees. Zane was the first to jump into the giant skull's mouth, followed by Caroline, Jack, and finally Freya. Inside the skull was a kind of tunnel entrance, so the four of them had no choice but to go inside it. Inside the tunnel was dark, so Zane used his phone's flashlight function to see inside the tunnel.

"You know apparently this tunnel has a legend about it." Zane decided to pass the time by telling you all about the legend. "Apparently, the tunnel will choose people, and those people will be cursed."

"Wow, way to lighten up the mood there." Caroline glared at Zane while you kept your eyes glued at the tunnel entrance behind you. You didn't see Joan.

"Here's the thing: apparently if you're cursed, you gain the attention of a spirit of a random elder god." Zane informed everyone, and Jack suddenly began losing his balance. "These elder gods can either curse or bless you depending on which one you get the attention of."

"Hey guys, are you seeing stars too?" Freya asked, and she looked like she was about to collapse.

Freya took one step forward, only to start wobbling while gripping her forehead. Jack was about to help her, only for him to start losing feeling in his leg as well. Jack placed his hand on his brow to check his fever, only to feel his body slowly burn. Jack noticed his brow was damp with sweat, and you tried to figure out what was going on. Out of nowhere, you suddenly passed out, and landed face first into the ground, with Freya landing on her back soon after. Caroline and Zane were both confused by this sudden development, but not as much as Jojo was. Jojo landed on the ground when you collapsed, and was clearly pissed.