15. Confession

Fiona and I had been unpacking newly purchased books when I got the idea to ask her out. Maybe if I did something romantic with someone else who would eventually satisfy me sexually then those so called feelings I had for Shane would end. I was officially an asshole but I was desperate.

“Would you like to go out on a date with me on Saturday? A lunch date,” I asked Fiona as we placed the books on the shelves. We had already marked them all and fed their codes into the system. She stopped and looked at me.

“Is this some kind of joke?” she had a serious expression on her face.

“Why would play such a crude joke on you?”

“I don’t know, maybe you have a crude sense of humour,”

“I’m not joking, will you?”

“I would love to but I work on weekends,” she had told me about the job she had at one of her father’s shops as a sales rep. I guess coming from money didn’t automatically mean having access to it.

“Okay, how about dinner any day next week after our shift? Except Thursday because I have football practice and I’m usually very tired after,”

“I get off work at five on Saturday. We can go out then,”

“It’s a date then,” she was excited about it but I wasn’t. I had an unexplainable feeling in the pit of my stomach. It felt like I was doing the wrong thing.

How could it be wrong when I wasn’t cheating on anyone? It wasn’t like Shane and I were dating. We weren’t a thing. We just had amazing sex, nothing more to it. I also wasn’t lying to Fiona, it was just a date and if it didn’t work out, I was going to end it.

When I got to the room, the lights were off and Shane was already in bed. Was he still mad at me? I stripped down and went to take a shower. Part of me was expecting it when I felt Shane wrap his arms around me.

“I’m sorry. You were right, I don’t have the right to tell you who you should or shouldn’t be friends with, it doesn’t matter if we’re dating or not. I’m also sorry about what I said about your background. It was uncalled for and I know it was a low blow and I’m very sorry,” his naked front was pressed up against my naked back.

“It’s okay,”

“Am I forgiven?” He asked as his hand dropped down to my penis and started stroking it, “I don’t want my words to come between us,” he was leaving a trail of kisses at the back of my shoulders. I simply nodded and enjoyed the way his hand felt against my erection.

“I have a date with Fiona on Saturday,” I said as we lay in bed. We had long pushed our beds together to give us more room. He immediately sat up and looked at me like he didn’t believe what I had said.

“Are you serious?”

“Do I come across like I have such a bad sense of humor?”

“What are you talking about?”

“Nothing, forget about it,”

“Are you serious about the date?” he asked and I hummed, “Was she the one that asked you out?”

“No, I did,”

“Why the fuck would you do that?”

“Why wouldn’t I?”

“Because we’re still fucking, raw, that’s why,”

“It’s not like I’ll fuck her on the first date,”

“You had no problem fucking me even without a date,”

“This is different. You and I are just fucking and we both know what that entails. You are free to go on other dates too. It’s not like I don’t want you to,”