5. First Crush

Shane’s POV

I still found it crazy, like a weird recurring dream that I couldn’t shake off and I didn’t want to shake it off neither did I want it to end.

Waking up in the same room as Curtis was too fucking good to be true. He was my first ever crush. I was thirteen when we moved but I kind of knew what I felt for him wasn’t normal. I always wanted to be around him and I was always eager to go to school just to see him.

He was so cool and nice and I knew a lot of girls who had a crush on him too. He was kind to everyone and was always ready to help out anyone who needed his help. I guess he was still the same.

I was sad when he and his sister had to switch schools but I kept in touch until we moved. If my aunt was in the country or if she and dad were still in talking terms, I would have called her out on her bullshit but we don’t talk anymore.

She and my dad fell out a few years before we came back into the country and he forbade us from making contact with her. Adults, I hope Gael and I never get to that level of pettiness. I think it’s childish when two adults are feuding and they get other partied involved in their feud.

But that’s not important, Curtis was. He was really helpful and he reminded me why I fell for him in the first place. He helped me catch up on the classes I had missed and showed me around campus. He was happy when I told him I had my motorbike with me and we could use it to get to class together. He said something about the transit bus being crowded early in the morning. I was just happy I could make life a little bearable for him.

I still called what brought us together ‘fate’.  How else can I explain us sharing a room and pursuing the same thing? What were the chances of that ever happening? How many people got to meet their first crush after years of being separated AND got to spend all that time with them? I was luckier than a favoured protagonist in a novel.

Curtis and I had all our classes together and after a long day of studying, got to sleep in the same room. Yes, I was indeed very lucky.

**

Back when my family moved, I got held back a class under my father’s request. I never asked why because back then what my father said was law and I obeyed him to the letter.

After high school, I took a year off to ‘get my head straight’. I didn’t know which career path I wanted to take but I knew I didn’t want to follow in either of my parents’ steps. My dad wanted me to take up political science like he had. He had been the country’s ambassador for the past umpteen years to three different countries, but that wasn’t my thing.

Mom wanted me to be a lawyer like she and most of the people from her side of the family.

Being the good boy I had been, I decided to finally rebel in the only way I knew how. I went for something different from them. I could say my career path was inspired by Curt. He always said he wanted to become a doctor and I thought why not?

**

I did consider living with Curt as a blessing but it had its downside. The guy didn’t know the word modesty when it came to being in the room alone. He was always going and coming out of the bathroom naked. He had a toned body and perky ass cheeks and his dick was… It was a good thing the bathroom was inside the room.

My first encounter with his naked body almost had me fainting before a certain part of my body decided to react. He stripped off his clothes right infront of me and hang his towel on his shoulder before going to take a shower. He came back wet and naked and for some reason dried himself infront of me before slipping on a pair of shorts that didn’t leave me guessing what was inside them.

He did notice my flustered face and he said that we were both guys and there was nothing to hide. I wondered if he’d say the same thing if he knew how I reacted to seeing him naked and I never wanted him to find out.

I was deeply closeted and only my ex-boyfriend knew I was gay. We had broken up after a year of secretly being together. That was before my father moved us back to the country after his retirement.

As dumb as it sounds, I never thought seeing Curtis naked would turn me on. It wasn’t something I wanted to happen because things would get weird if he found out about my boners. I did try to tell him to at least cover up with a towel but he told me that it would take time for him to get used to it. It’s not that I minded seeing him naked, he could walk and sleep naked for all I cared but for the sake of our rekindled friendship, I had to do it.

Curtis had also made friends, which was like him. There was Ryan, a second year med student and Timothy, a second year engineering student. They were a couple but tried to hide it when they were in public. Anyone could tell by the way they looked at each other that they were in love and it’s sad that they had to hide it.

Curt and I would sometimes hang out with them at Ryan’s apartment on the weekends. The apartment wasn’t far from the campus grounds. It had two bedrooms, a very beautiful view of the city skyline and very spacious. It was somewhere I could see myself living with C but I didn’t think he would’ve liked that.

He’d also made friends with a girl who worked at the library. She had a crush on him but I couldn’t blame her. It was hard not to like C. He was handsome and smart. He was also chivalrous and super polite. I often wondered how he’d be when he was in love.