Chapter 1 Let's get Married

Life is too short to love you in one, I promise to look for you in the next life.

William Shakespeare

The sound of waves crashing on the shore flows into the luxurious house on the beach owned by Khun Sam. The sunlight that shines in through the window panes made me slowly open my eyelids. After waking up, I don't see the person who slept next to me. I look at the clock and am surprised to see that it's only 6 am. The sweet- faced lady said that she would come to rest and sleep all day and all night without going anywhere only left a crater on the mattress besides me.

Where is she?

I got off the bed sleepily with only a long white shirt as my pajamas. When I open the door, I can smell food cooking in the kitchen below. I frowned a bit and slowly tiptoed down to see Khun Sam busy in the kitchen, wearing an apron. She was busy with something. Cooking food, of course, the obvious thing to be doing in a kitchen. But it's quite shocking that the person cooking is the wealthy M.L., who has never touched anything in the kitchen since I've known her.

"What are you doing?"

I ask despite seeing what's going on. Khun Sam turned around with a frown on her face and replied, looking like a dead fish.

"I'm in the kitchen, what else could I be doing but cook?"

"That's why I'm asking. Normally this is my job."

"I want to try cooking breakfast for you, but why is it so difficult?It's harder than negotiating the price of the land in Sukhumvit for the new office. Her brows are tightly furrowed as she turns off the stove. I walk over to look at her award-winning work and let out a little giggle at her Thai scrambled eggs that look like an Oreo cookie. It's not only charcoal black, but also withered, not fluffy at all. "I' m incompetent"

"You can't ask a dog to climb a tree like a monkey. You' re good at working focus on work. I'll take care of household chores."

"Why do you have to call me a dog?"

"Mon comparing!"

"Not going to cook no more; buy and eat." She was about to throw the Thai scrambled eggs into the bin, but I grabbed her wrist before shaking my head slowly.

"Don't do that Khun Sam cooked for me; how can I not taste it?"

"It does not look edible."

"Khun Sam has eaten what did not look edible before na ka." I raise my eyebrow seductively. The sweet-faced lady looks at me and slowly smiles, knowing the ambiguous meaning.

"True, I've eaten them all."

"So, this egg is Mon' s. I'll eat it with rice; it should go well together."

She lets me eat the eggs she just scrambled. Though at first she said to throw it away, once she sees that I really intend to eat it, she sits with her chin resting on her hands nervously waiting to see my reactions. It's the feelings of someone who' s attentively done something for the first time and nervously waits for the result. I eat with a smile and praise her while looking at her like someone who's crazy in love.

"Delicious."

"I just know that you talk bullshit"

Ptui!

The rice in my mouth spits out directly onto her face. Khun Sam eyes are tightly shut while she slowly removes the rice from her face one by one, baring her teeth

"What's with this? Why do people like to spit stuff on my face?"

"You said I talk bullshit."

"That's a bad word? To say why you like to lie doesn't seem to fit the situation."