"I would love that Skylar!" Mark said, getting on Xavier's nerves.

Just then, Edward Brockton returned to the stage to announce that dinner will be served soon and in the meantime, we were free to mingle and enjoy the live music. I wasn't sure if Xavier had to meet more people but he remained in his chair looking at his phone. I sighed and turned to look at Mark only to find him also looking at his phone.

"So are you two just going to stare at your phones for the rest of the night or are we actually going to talk to one another?" I asked.

"Sorry Skylar, what kind of half boyfriend would I be if I ignored the prettiest half girlfriend here?" Mark joked.

"Mark.... back off." Xavier warned.

Mark raised his hands in surrender. "I'm only kidding man. Relax!"

"He's just kidding Xavier. I'm sorry Mark." I interjected. I knew they were close friends but I didn't know Xavier could get so jealous. Before anyone could say something, an older woman approached our table and began talking to Mark. A minute later, she looked at Xavier and me and acknowledged us. Then she told Mark and Xavier that her husband was looking for them and wanted to talk to them. Before they left, Xavier asked me if I'll be okay by myself for a few minutes. He promised to return soon. I told him that it was fine and that he should go and talk to people. I didn't want to be the reason why he wasn't talking to colleagues. I informed him that I'll be at the bar to grab a drink and then return back to the table. He seemed hesitant but I assured him that I'll be fine and that he should go talk to people.

I walked to the bar and ordered a glass of cucumber water with no ice. The bartender handed me my drink and as I was turning around I heard a familiar voice. "Hey, there stranger."

It was Luke. He looked great in his grey suit and his hair gelled back.

"Hi Luke! What are you doing here?" I asked as I gave him a hug.

"My uncle donates to the Brockton's event so I joined him and my aunt this year. What are you doing here?"

"I'm here with my boyfriend Xavier. I'm glad I actually know someone here. Besides Xavier, his friend Mark and you are the only ones I know."

"Your boyfriend is Xavier? How come you never mentioned that?"

"It never came up. I would feel weird just telling you that I was dating Xavier Diamond when we first met, that's not exactly how I would imagine making friends go." I said as I laughed.

He laughed as well but looked a bit hurt. But he quickly covered it up. "Well, you look gorgeous Skylar. I mean you always do," he said while tucking in my hair behind my ear. I felt uneasy at his touch. I mean it was weird for him to do that, so I took a small step back. Hopefully, that gives him the message that I had to go. Before I could say that I should go back to Xavier, I felt hands pull my waist. I looked to the side to see Xavier with a furious look on his face.

"What are you doing Skylar?" he asked.

"When I was about to go to the table I ran into Luke! Remember I was telling you how I met him at the club a few weeks ago? Luke this is Xavier, my boyfriend."

"Hi Xavier, it's a pleasure to finally meet you." He put his hand out for a handshake.

"Likewise" Xavier said while shaking his hand firmly. "I'm sorry but can I take my girlfriend back? We were about to eat."

"Of course. It was nice seeing you again Skylar, maybe we can plan to hang out soon."

"Yeah I would love that!" I was about to go for a hug but Xavier quickly diverted me away, tightly holding my waist. He then let go and grabbed my arm, dragging me to a corner towards the back of the hall. His hold tightened and it was starting to hurt.