Chapter 19 blizzard

Chapter 19 blizzard.

Two days later.

Sara is stood under the warm water of the shower, she still felt lightheaded. And feverish, but she is determent to go to work today.

What Kakashi didn't know won't hurt him. Besides the chakra pills where working. Just her body is tired and struggling to keep up. Seems the nightmares are back, though, she is better than she has been thanks to Inoichi's help.

She got out dried and dressed, headed downstairs.

She had asked for toast, rather than pancakes.

She was hoping to eat and run.

Kakashi had just placed the Toste on the table, she thanked him.

"Feeling better Pakkun" she asked the pug who was sat on the counter watching his master.

"Mmm, much better."

"That's good" she sips at the tea, and eats the last slice, even though she didn't want it, she needed him to think she was well enough for work.

She stood, grabbed her bag that was by the door and went to grab her coat.

"Where are you going?" Kakashi asked suddenly behind her, she jumped, turning around to face him she said with the straightest face she could muster. "I'm going to work."

He frowned, braced his arm on the wall behind her and lent in just a tiny bit,

"Your still ill."

"I'm fine" she countered "I'm going to work!" he stared at her; his dark onyx eye boring into her violet ones. Some of her resolve crumbled. Then she thought about her desk piling up with scrolls, it had already been two days, she probably had a weeks' worth of scrolls to get through.

"I'm going" she said firmly "You are my protector not my mother!"

He took his hand off the wall and stood up straight one hand in his pocket. She relaxed a bit thinking she had won; he couldn't keep her here.

"Your protector as you put it, sees a risk, to your physical health, if you return to work before you are ready." He stated.

"I'm fine, I think I know how I feel" she snapped

"You are not fine, you smell ill."

She blinked. "Y-You can.......?"

"Yes, you still smell sick."

She felt her cheeks flush, still he couldn't keep her here.

"I'm going." She turned to the door.

"Sara," there is a hint of warning in his voice, but she ignored it, she pushed open the door, cool air greeted her hot skin, it felt nice. A wave of dizziness swept in, she held tight to the door, she's determined to go to work damnit.

She's worked through worst fevers, hasn't she?

She walks out of the house, she's too afraid to look back, so she relishes the cold wind on her flushed face.

She sees two figures approaching, she hadn't noticed them before.

Is that why Kakashi hasn't followed her out? She wondered.

When the two came into view, she realised it was Shikaku and his wife.

They both frowned at her, worry on both of their faces.

"Sara! What in Kami's name are you doing out here with no shoes on!" Yoshino exclaimed.

"Huh?" she looked down and indeed she didn't have any shoes on, maybe she is too ill to go to work.