"Not quite, princess," I said, looking away from her. I couldn't help not thinking about it the way she did, and I heard her breath shift.

I sat up, leaning against my knees and looking over at her. Her face was bright red now, and she swallowed hard. I couldn't tell what was on her mind now, as everything went quiet. I took her chin between my fingers and pulled her in close enough to kiss her, pausing.

"Nothing will happen until you ask for it, Maria," I promised, placing a small kiss on her lips. She whimpered quietly, and nodded, biting her lip as she kept her eyes shut. I loved the way "So, princess, how late do you plan on keeping me tonight?"

I watched her run her fingers through her hair as she thought about it for a moment, "Not too much longer. I'm surprised they haven't figured out that either of us are missing yet. I just... I needed some time for just us. No wedding, or rules, or constant pressure. I missed the way we used to be."

The memories of us sneaking around and being together replayed in my mind, and I felt warm for a brief moment.

"I miss it too. But just think, once the wedding is over tomorrow, we won't have to sneak around anymore, and we won't have to worry about that other stuff. It'll be just you and me, and all the time in the world. We got older, Maria, that's all it is."

"Is it?" She asked, her voice soft.

I nodded, "I have an idea. Tell me about your favorite memory from before I asked for your hand?"

She gave me a questioning look, but moved to sit closer to me, taking my hand in hers so she could trace the lines on my palm. "When you stayed in the tower with me, after Loveday and Benjamin's wedding."

"I remember that night. I was so worried about getting caught I don't think I relaxed at all," I said, laughing. "What about-?"

"No! You have to answer it too. I want to know."

"Teaching you how to sword fight," I said, remembering how determined she was.

Maria smiled at me, giving me butterflies, "What's your favorite thing about me?"

"Oh, that's not fair. I can't choose just one thing and you know that. Give me something else."

"When did you know for certain that you wanted to marry me?" Her blue eyes met mine and I paused.

"Well, it started to be a thought at Benjamin and Loveday's wedding. But I knew for sure when I told my father that I loved you, after... After Dulac nearly killed me. What about you? When did you know that you wanted it?"

"The first night you stayed with me. I ruined my restful nights after that. I hate sleeping alone now," Maria said, almost mumbling the last bit.

"Don't worry, you won't have to worry about that until you tire of sleeping next to me," I responded, leaning in to kiss her again. In truth, I didn't want to stop kissing her, and I could barely keep myself from keeping some form of touch with her. I was going to have a hard time letting her go tonight.

"Robin, we have to go home soon. Loveday would kill me if she found out I'd snuck out, and Mrs. Digweed would be completely out of sorts. And don't even get me started on Uncle, he'd cancel the whole wedding!"

"I know, you're right. But I don't want to say goodnight," I said, rubbing her cheek lightly. "I'd rather just wake up with you by my side, and call you my wife, and not worry about the rest of it."

She giggled softly, shaking her head, "There is no way I'd let you do that. As much pressure I've dealt with because of the wedding, I still want to go through with it. I want the dress and the ceremony and I want to see you cleaned up so nicely. And if you're the reason I don't get to go through the traditions and ceremony all because you'd rather it be simple, I can promise you that I'll learn to sleep alone."

"You wouldn't dare. As if I couldn't say no to you, you couldn't say no to me. If I asked you to stay with me, you would," I remarked, kissing her cheek lightly. "Come on, I'll walk you back to the manor."

"I hope that's the last time I ever hear those words." She took my hand as I stood up, letting me help her to her feet.

As she closed the door to the hideout, she sighed, "Promise me we will come back to it."

"Whenever you wish it, Maria." I kissed her temple lightly, making her smile. "The sooner I get you back to the manor, the sooner we'll be married and the sooner you'll be back in my arms."

Maria stayed close to my side as I took her back to the manor. When her tower came into view, she kissed my cheek, bidding me a quiet good night. Before she could get too far, I caught her hand, pulling her back in quickly.

"I couldn't resist," I mumbled, pulling away. "Now, before I decide to never let you go, get some rest." I recognized the dazed look in her eyes as she took a deep breath. I felt her fingers leave my arms, the soft feeling I loved so much disappearing with her. 

Until tomorrow, Robin.

I'll be waiting, princess.