The End

Link's POV

I sighed as I threw on some formal clothes and did my hair. I stared into the mirror, disappointed in what I saw. They all died, and it was my fault. Today was the funeral for my friends, and I couldn't help but feel responsible for their deaths.

My thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door. "Link? What's taking you so long?" Revali called. I sighed once again and opened the door. "Finally, I thought you were ditching for a moment." He teased, his smile instantly faded away.

"Link, this is hard on both of us. We need to stay strong." He reassured. I smiled slightly, but then frowned again. Revali was still recovering from the attack. His speech was slightly slurred due to when he was shot in the chest. But he should be fine.

We arrived at the funeral home. It was neatly decorated. It had gold wrapped around the pillars in the front, and inside there was a large red carpet and plants decorated the walls. We both sat down and waited.

"I see you two made it." A familiar, old voice confronted us. It was Impa. I hadn't seen her in a while. "It would be quite rude of us to ditch such an important event." Revali tried to sound confident, but I could tell he was sad.

Impa looked like she was about to say something, but then Sidon started to speak. "If I may have everyone's attention." He spoke into the mic.

"I would like to thank you all for coming to such a special occasion." He paused for a minute. "But now, it is time to begin."

"As you may know, these brave souls have sadly passed due to Ganon's attack. Queen Zelda was a courageous ruler. Her bright personality could always lighten someone's path."

"Urbosa was a fearless Gerudo, who could take on anything. She has helped many while she was alive, and I'm sure she will help many in the afterlife as well."

"Daruk was fierce. He always made sure everyone was safe. His confidence has inspired many to be like him."

"And finally, Mipha, my sister. She was a kind soul who worked very hard to make sure everyone was treated fairly. She has had a huge impact on us Zora."

I could tell Sidon was holding back tears, and to be honest I was too. "I-I need a break. Thank you all for coming.." Sidon rushed out of the room. I didn't blame him.

Soon it was time for the burial. I held Revali's hand as we went outside. There were four large holes, large enough to fit the bodies in. I watched as they buried my friends.

A few hours later cuz im lazy

Soon it was time to leave. Me and Revali said our goodbyes as we exited. The way back to the castle was mostly silent, but there was some small talk here and there.

By the time we arrived at the castle it was dark. Usually, we would be greeted by Daruk or Zelda, but not this time. This time, it was dead silent.

I unlocked the door to my room and plopped myself into bed, not even bothering to change. I almost fell asleep, but then felt something heavy lay next to me. I turned around to see Revali, fast asleep.

I smiled slightly but then frowned again. I knew I would have to live with the guilt of killing my friends. I slowly drifted off to sleep with tears in my eyes, hoping that my sleep would be dreamless.

HEEY EVERYONE!

I'm so sorry for the short chapter but that's sadly the end of the book. BUT I PROMISE I WILL WRITE MORE BOOKS :)

I would like to thank everyone who stood with me while I wrote this book. BUT ANYWAYS, here is what happens in the future:

Link gets therapy to recover from his friends deaths, and slowly realizes it wasn't his fault. He also learns how to speak again.

Revali starts visiting his home village more often and becomes more social.

Impa sadly passes away at 134 years old.

Link and Revali get married, adopt a dog, and adopt some kids.

Someone new becomes the king/queen of Hyrule.

(Plot twist: it's all an act and they have a tea party after each chapter)

Art belongs to @Inkprovised on Tumblr

734 Words