I Wish I Knew Sooner

WARNING: This chapter contains ab*se!

Link's POV
Months later...

A few months passed by, and the castle was nearly finished. All it needed was some decorating. Buildings all across Hyrule were reconstructed, too.

I stood on the Great Plateau, staring at Hyrule Castle. After 100 years, it is finally rebuilt. I let out a sigh of relief. Things would finally go back to normal. Of course, there were a few changes here and there. Like Zelda becoming the queen, but they were good changes.

"Staring off into space again?" A voice startled me. I turned around to see Revali, laughing. I smiled sheepishly. He wiped a tear from his eye and stopped laughing, sitting down next to me. "You don't get startled by a Lynel, but you jump anytime I happen to sneak up on you." Revali said in an overdramatic tone. I chuckled.

"We truly have made great progress. Soon enough, we will all be sleeping in the castle again. Like old times." Revali stared into the distance, as if he was thinking. "Say, Link. I have a question." He turned to face me, pulling out a notebook and pen.

"You barely show any emotion, and it hurts when you talk. Why?" He tilted his head, handing me the notebook and pen. I was shocked by the question. I didn't want to answer, but I knew if I didn't Revali would start to grow even more worried. I sighed and started writing.

As I wrote, I started to remember things that I wanted to forget.

Link's flashback
108 years ago.. (Age 10)
AB*SE WARNING

I sighed as I entered the Coliseum with my sword. Scars covered my body. I listened to the crowd chant my name, as if I were a game. Soon, a large, powerful Lynel was released from the other gate.

I stares at it with dullness in my eyes. I didn't want to fight, but it was my destiny. I sighed as I drew my sword and got into a battle stance. The Lynel charged at me with full speed. I dodged, swinging onto its back and slicing the back of its head with my sword.

Suddenly, the Lynel reached behind itself and grabbed me, which was unusual considering they were usually in too much pain to move. I was thrown against the brick wall, the wind being knocked out of me.

The Lynel came closer, and just as it was about to strike me with its weapon, I moved out of the way. I sliced at its legs, causing it to temporarily fall. I took this opportunity to jump on at and stab it in the back of the head, killing it.

I panted as the crowd cheered. I watched as they traded money after losing a bet about who would win. I clenched my fist. I am not a game, nor a toy. I hate this. I want to die.

Round after round, I kept winning. Finally, on the tenth round I was all bloodied up and barely standing. I trembled as I tried to hold my sword, but couldn't. Everything got hazy, and I was on the ground before I knew it.

Hours later, after waking up.

"F-father please! I'm sorry, it won't happen again!" I begged at my fathers feet. Bandages were wrapped around part of my head, arms, and legs. "I don't wanna hear it!" Father yelled, causing me to flinch. He tightened his grip on the whip he held.

"I will NOT have a son as worthless as you!" He whipped my bare back. I screamed out in pain. "You are the chosen one! Get that through your head! You don't lose!" He whipped me again and again. "Father please! I'll train harder!" I shouted. He grew angrier. "Do NOT talk! You are worthless! Only worthy people deserve to talk!" He whipped me again.

I sobbed quietly as he opened the door, getting ready to leave. "I better not hear you cry. Only weaklings show such emotion! I will not hesitate to whip you again if you keep this up." He shut the door and left, leaving me in a dark, cold room. Pain took over my body.

End of flashback
Ab*se is over, continue reading in peace :)

Revali read the note in horror. "...And that is when I decided, I would never speak or show any form of emotion again." Is how the bote ended. "Link..I-.." Revali was speechless. I saw tears form in his eyes. I tried to signal to him that it was fine, but before I knew it I was wrapped in a tight hug.

"I'm so sorry Link. Nobody should ever have to go through that." He broke the hug and stared deep into my eyes. I had no clue if I should be sad, or flustered by this. Either way, I immediately felt bad once I saw him try to hold his tears.

A few minutes of silence passed by. We just stared at the castle, not saying anything. "Link, you don't think that harshly of yourself anymore, do you?" Revali turned to look at me. I looked down at my lap, not responding. I looked back up to see Revali's eyes filled with worry and sorrow.

"..Link.." He put a wing on my shoulder. "Link..Don't think like that. You saved an entire kingdom from a ginormous beast! You also saved me, Mipha, Daruk, and Urbosa from those Divine Beasts.. Please, don't be so harsh on yourself.." I looked back down, his words replayed in my mind.

He was silent for a few seconds before taking a deep, shaky breath. "...I-I love you, Link." He whispered quietly, looking the other way. My head perked up. What? I looked at him in shock, he was still looking the other way.

He looked back up at me, a large blush spread across his cheeks. Either from embarrassment, or love. Either way, I felt my face get hot as well. "Please Link, forgive me for this." He quickly smacked his lips- er uh, beak against my lips, pulling me into a kiss.

I kissed back. I felt as if a few of the hundred weights were lifted off of my shoulders. We both broke away from the kiss, needing to catch our breath.

"Ah- Uh, I'm sorry, Link. I shouldn't ha-" I immediately cut him off by kissing him again, passionately.

AAAAAND that's it for this chapter! Hope you guys enjoyed! I can imagine some of you guys rolling in your bed screaming "YES! FINALLY" Lol.

Also, I noticed my mistake. In the last chapter, I had said Link last lost a battle 8 years ago. I meant to put 108, considering he was asleep for 100 years.

(PS: The image I chose is how I imagined Link back then after training.)

Art belongs to @desu on tumbex!

1148 Words