Meeting Him

QUICK NOTE!!
THIS FIC IS BEING REWRITTEN! If you want to read the new one, it is called The Lonely Rito. You can find it in my works, obviously.
This fic will stay published if you still want to read it (it is kind of crap, same with the ending which is VERY rushed)

Link's POV

My eyes slowly fluttered open. I groaned once they were wide open, the light getting to my eyes causing them to burn. What time is it? I quickly got out of bed and grabbed my clothes. I grabbed a blue tunic, along with some trousers and boots. I put my hair up, grabbed my sword, then headed out.

Today is the day I meet the champions. I thought. I rushed into the library. It seemed like a strange place to meet people as special as the champions, but I don't mind. I scanned the area until I saw Zelda and a group of others chatting.

"Link! Over here!" Zelda turned around and motioned her hand, signaling me to come. I jogged over to the group. There was a Goron, Zora, Rito, and the Gerudo Chief. "Guys, this is the knight I was talking about, Link!" Zelda said in a welcoming voice. I smiled and waved.

"Link, this is Urbosa, Mipha, Daruk, and Revali!" Zelda pointed to each person as she said her name. Each champion greeted me as they were introduced...Except for one. Revali just looked me up and down, then scoffed.

"Really? This is the guy thats gonna seal the darkness?" Revali stared at me. "If he can fight Ganon, the deer can fly." I didn't understand why he was being so mean.

"Revali, be nice. He is very talented when it comes to combat." Zelda attempted to defend me, but it only aggravated him even more. He turned to me with a slight smirk. "Fine, if you're so good at combat then meet me at the training grounds tomorrow so you can prove yourself!"

I just stared at him. I don't remember the last time I talked, and talking hurt. A lot. After about 10 seconds of staring, I simply nodded. Urbosa opened her mouth to say something, but was interrupted by a guard.

"The king requests you and the champions presence in the throne room." The knight bowed in front of Zelda. "Well then, shall we get going?" Urbosa asked the princess.

We all walked together until we made it to the throne room. King Rhoam sat on the large throne. We all kneeled, other than Zelda since she was the princess. "I have finished setting up your schedules, which you shall receive now." The king then gave a stack of papers to a guard, who then passed them out. We all looked at the papers which had our schedules on it.

I flipped through mine. Not even one day off? I don't know why I was surprised, this was normal. I hated how the king made me do all the dirty work and train the hardest, while the other knights rarely did anything. But of course, I kept a straight face. I looked up to see Zelda frowning. "Father, why do they get to do all the dirty work? I can fight t-" The princess was cut off by the king. "Silence. You must awaken your power as soon as possible. We do not know when Ganon will attack. Do I make myself clear?" The king raised his voice. Zelda looked down at the floor in defeat. "Yes, father.." I furrowed my brows. God, when will he let her have control of her own life?

Revali's POV

I groaned as I heard heavy knocking. "REVALI ARE YOU AWAKE?" I could tell Daruk was at my door. I put my pillow over my head to try and muffle out the knocking, but it didn't work. "Alright, alright! I'm up!" I shouted as I rose from my hammock. I quickly got up and threw on a vest and some pants, along with my bow and arrows. I stretched before walking out of my room.

"ABOUT TIME!" Daruk shouted as I left my room. I covered my ears. I was used to the quiet Rito village, not this. "Could you not shout so much? Sheesh!"

Me and Daruk walked down the halls until we reached the library where Zelda, Urbosa, and Mipha already were. They were talking about something, but the I couldn't hear. "Oh, hello Revali and Daruk." Mipha quietly greeted us. "We were just talking about Link."

"Link? Who is that?" My face clearly gave a puzzled look. Daruk had the same expression on his face. "He's Zelda's appointed knight. Apparently he's the one in the prophecy who helps her seal the darkness."

Just as Urbosa spoke, a blonde boy walked in. He wore a blue tunic and trousers. His hair was loosely tied up, and he carried a sword and shield on his back. "Link! Over here!" Zelda waved. The boy got closer and greeted us with a smile.

As he got closer, I started noticing his features. His eyes were a beautiful royal blue, his skin looked soft, his lips looked so...AH! No, what am I thinking?! I mentally slapped myself.

Zelda introduced everyone. I didn't like how he was the chosen one. He looked so weak, as if he never trained in his life. I was jealous. "Really? This is the guy thats gonna seal the darkness?" I said in a cocky tone, glaring at Link. "If he can fight Ganon, then deer can fly."

I rolled my eyes as Zelda scolded me, telling me about how strong Link really was. "Fine, if you're so good at combat then meet me at the training grounds tomorrow so you can prove yourself!" I crossed my arms, waiting for a response. Nothing. All he did was nod.

A knight suddenly came in, telling us the king had requested our presence. We all followed the princess to the throne room. It was huge. I rolled my eyes as I kneeled. I hated when other people had more power than I did.

The king went on about our schedules, and we were given a piece of paper with our schedules on it. I looked at mine. I get Mondays, Thursdays, and the weekend off. Seems fine to me. I looked over to Link, who was almost expressionless but I could tell he was disappointed, which peaked my curiosity.

I followed the group outside of the throne room as they chatted, but I couldn't take my eyes off of Link. I don't know why, but I needed to know his schedule. I followed him as he separated from the group. Where is he going? I thought as I continued to follow him

Soon we were at Lon Lon ranch. I was in the air while Link talked to a girl. Soon I saw link get on a horse and ride it around, doing a bunch of flips off the horse and always failing to land. The girl lectured him each time he didn't land.

I noticed Link's schedule on a stack of hay, and quickly swooped down to grab it without being seen. I looked at it. What? He doesn't get a single day off? I quickly put the schedule back and flew off. Why do I even care? I thought as I made my way to the castle.

I landed on the balcony to my room. I opened the door and shut it behind me. I groaned and then plopped myself back on my hammock, drifting asleep.

Hey everyone, hope you enjoyed this chapter :)
(if you recognized the Ocarina of Time reference I literally love you)
Credits to 4nOda on Tumblr for the image! :)
1307 words