Chapter 1 - Dungeon Break: Part 1

Start from the beginning

Now that he looked at it, quite a few people took refuge in the internet cafe while he was busy starring at the crack. They probably hoped to stay hidden until the awakener's appeared to handle the situation.

Poor fools.

They should've known that it takes time for unregistered dungeon breaks to be found and even longer for a group of awakeners to be dispatched once the level of the dungeon has been assessed. So in other words....

"We're fucked." Puck growls under his breath, his hands balling into fists as he stares in horror as two massive claws tear open the crack in the air, turning it into a hellish swirling portal.

A bead of sweat rolled down Puck's face as he stared at what could only be described as....

"A-A dragon?!" A woman, probably a waitress, manages to exclaim.

And she was right.

A huge horned red dragon excited the portal followed by a few wyverns and lizard men, ranging in different colors and sizes, excited the portal.

The dragon simply surveyed it's surroundings with it's large glowing yellow eyes until it's eyes finally landed on the internet cafe. More so....

On him.

It's almost like dungeon monsters were drawn to awakeners. Especially those of higher rank.

It's like it was their instinct to hunt and kill those that could pose any sort of threat to them.

So, seeing as he was the only SSS Rank among these civilians right now....

"Fuck!" Puck cursed under his breath before grabbing his phone and sprinting towards the door.

His movements seemed to bring about different reactions from the people hiding in the cafe, some calling for him to stay out and others following after him.

But none of that mattered.

For as soon as Puck took a step out of the door, the dragon's massive claw made the internet cafe a mere crater in his memory, sending him flying from the force.

He let out a loud pained gasp as his back met the side of a car, indenting it.

It didn't hurt as much as it should have. Maybe because of his adrenaline or the fact that he was an awakener, he was able to roll to his feet, albeit panting heavily. His head was bleeding heavily if the few drops rolling down his cheek onto the ground was anything to go by.

Puck was soon knocked from his thoughts as the sound of the dragon lifting it's humongous claw off of what used to be the building he was hiding in. Puck out his hand to his mouth to keep himself from throwing up from all the blood that flowed from the wreckage.

He couldn't dwell on this however, as the dragon took a swipe at him with it massive claws, as if playing with him. Try to see how he'll react.

And react he did.

Puck somehow managed to duck under the dragon's attack, but the force of the blow was enough to end him and a few cars flying.

He managed to land on his feet the time however in a low crouch, glaring up at the dragon in defiance, only for a sharp pain to appear in his stomach.

He slowly looked down at his stomach, only to be met with the horrifying sight of a spear going through it. He managed to stiffly look behind him at one of the lizard men he had completely forgotten about. His eyes widening at the sight of hundreds of them, starring back at him with hungry glowing red eyes.

The dragon seemed to lose interest as Puck fell to his knees, blood freely flowing from his stomach and mouth.

"I-Is this how I go out? Fuck....and just when I finally awakened.... Damn.... I knew it was too good to be true...." He thought to himself as he was surrounded by the drooling lizardmen.

As his life began to flash before his eyes, he couldn't help but feel bad for himself.

And absolutely disgusted.

The pain soon faded away and was replaced by....

Anger.

A deep seeded rage that he thought he had a but forgotten years ago when he gave up. Or more so when everyone gave up in him....

"It's funny that this is what I'm thinking about when I'm dying.... If only I had the strength to be angry back then.... Fuck.... I hope I'm reincarnated into Naruto or something...." He thinks, a small smile appearing on his face as his thoughts turned back to the very first Gacha that got him into it all....

Naruto Blazing.

It had shut down over a year ago. Taking with it a his childhood memories.

His vision slowly began to fade to black....

Only for the sudden sound of a notification to ring in his ears.

At first he thought it was his phone in his pocket.

Until....

~Warning!~

"Huh?"

A notification from the system? When he was dying? How cliche is that?

_______________________________________________

End Chapter 1~

Gacha No LifeOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara