Chapter 9 - Awakener Exam Final: "Little" Fox In Manhattan

________________________
Outside the Dungeon~

Rebecca along with the leader of the Awakener Bureau (John Henderson a A Ranked awakened) and a few official reporters wanting to meet the new potential S Rank, all stood outside the dungeon portal with bated breath.

The reporters couldn't buy mumble about how long they thought it'd take for Puck to clear the dungeon.

It would be tough for any S Rank to clear a A Rank dungeon solo, but not impossible. That's why it was perfect to test the abilities of a new potential S Rank.

Especially with the examiner there in case anything were to happen.

In fact, it only took Rebecca 1 hr and 48 mins to clear her first A Ranked dungeon solo!

So the reporters couldn't help but get their hopes up since the new awakener was being scouted by Rebecca herself!

Just as one of the reporters were about to speak up, the dungeon portal suddenly began to spark like crazy, shooting bolts of energy as the usual blue color began to bleed to a dangerous looking red.

The reporters gasped and began to back away in panic as Rebecca and John looked at the portal in shock.

"W-What?! That's impossible! This dungeon wasn't supposed to break for another 3 years at least!" John exclaimed as he prepared himself for a potential dungeon break.

Rebecca was already on the phone however, seeing if she could get the mayor of the city to evacuate the citizens, pretty much doing John's job.

But that plan was quickly thrown out the window as the portal suddenly started to crack and grow in size, the sign of an eminent dungeon break.

Rebecca decided to just say fuck it and threw her phone behind her and got into her famer Dragon Fist Martial Arts stance.

The female guild master and the leader of the Awakener Bureau stood there nervously, sweating bullets as the dungeon portal reached critical mass before....

"MOVE OUT THE FUCKING WAY!"

Puck and Billy screamed as they came crashing out of the portal on the back of Kurama.

Rebecca and John's eyes bulged out of their heads at the sight of the massive fox. They had just enough time to dodge out of the way as the bijuu came crashing down and skidding to a halt a few feet away from where they were just standing.

Kurama, being the genius he is, decided to let out a ungodly roar to signal Puck's roar.

Which got more than just a few people's attention.

Mind you that they were still at the Awakener Bureau headquarters....

Filled to the brim with awakeners....

Both Billy and Puck began to sweat nervously at this. "Fuck/Shit...." The both cursed as the current situation slowly began to dawn on Kurama.

"Umm....whoops?"

___________________________________
2 Hours and 1 unbelievably long explanation later~

Puck, Billy, and a great Dane sized fox, all sat in front of a pissed looking guild master and Awakener Bureau branch leader.

They had the nerve to look bashful as Rebecca rubbed the bridge of her nose in annoyance. "So what you're telling us is.... That thing...." She points to Kurama, who was looking away in embarrassment. "...is your summon?" She asked, pointing at Puck, who simply nodded.

She let's out a small sigh, shaking her head as John finally speaks up. "So you're the new fabled S Rank Gacha user? I've got to admit.... When Mrs. Rebecca here came to me herself and said that she wanted to recruit you.... I thought she wanted to hog any new weapons you produced for herself! Or maybe you had some kind of magical meal that she liked.... You being a OMAC was not something I had in mind at all...." He says, folding his hands in front of his face, leveling a stern look towards Puck, who simply gulped.