Growing Pains Comes In Spurts

Start from the beginning

His throat was parched though. He looked around and saw the bowl they used yesterday. A bit of tea was still in there, so he greedily drank it. It was cold and not very tasty now, but it was what he needed. Feeling a tiny bit better, the geep slowly made his way to the stream. Not only to look at himself but also so he could drink his fill.

Eddy slowly crawled out of the den to watch Brett. He wanted to see Brett's reaction and wanted to see if he was okay. He didn't want Brett to keel over.

The faun finally got to the stream and flopped on his stomach. His back, his legs, his arms and even having thought hurt. To make things even harder, he was thirsty again. So he simply let his head fall into the ice cold stream and drank. He didn't plan on dying by drowning but he was so damn thirsty. Also the cool helped to numb his pain. When the air was getting a little bit low, he lifted his head and decided to take a dip. That was maybe why Eddy liked to bathe ice cold? But then again, even Belle said her brother was a sociopath.

With that in mind, Brett rolled into the stream, laying on his back and letting the cool water rush over him. Occasionally he would turn his head to drink a bit - or a lot compared to before. It took him maybe ten to fifteen minutes, then he was kind of numb all over and didn't feel the pain that much. He got out of the water and sat down. The time out in the stream really helped. Maybe because he also didn't feel like dying from thirst.

He blinked at the stream and saw a very blurry outline of his face. It didn't look that different to him, but he certainly saw the big ass horns he had. Cautiously he touched them and felt a shiver of magic over his back.

With wide eyes he turned to Eddy, "I am big."

"As I said," Eddy nodded triumphantly, and maybe a bit huffily. His features softened though, it was strange to see Brett like this, "Are you okay though?"

He was now more worried.

"I'm hungry, thirsty and still hurt. Even though I'm a bit numb now. I don't feel that good to be honest," Brett said weakly. He was tired as well but his body screamed at him for nutrition and it wasn't wise to ignore that most likely. So he drank a bit more before getting up. Thankfully they got yesterday all the ingredients they needed for the soup to be made and Eddy probably wouldn't have a problem getting him some water, right? Brett got to Eddy and slung his arms around him, partly because he needed the support, partly because he wanted to be close to Eddy.

Together they wandered back to the fireplace where Brett started a fire and looked at Eddy with big eyes, "May I ask you to get water for the two pots, please I will make some food and drink now. I bet you are as hungry as I am."

"I can get the water, do you simply want it from the stream?" Eddy would get it all and maybe mourn the loss of tiny Brett who was no more. It was now big Brett, which was a big change, but it didn't change Eddy's love for him.

Even though Brett was taller, he was still smaller than Eddy for now. Not by much, maybe only five or ten centimeters but compare to before, he was really not tiny anymore.

The faun smiled and nodded, "Yeah, the stream is fine." He planned on making more soup so while Eddy would get the water, Brett would chop and prepare the vegetables. And because his stomach was rumbling so much, he would maybe make a third pot for Ray and Belle afterwards.he had the suspicion that he would eat a lot more now, more close to Eddy than what he ate before.

Eddy took the pots that needed filling and trotted towards the stream. He would make sure they were all filled nicely as to please Brett. He wanted to be good and show that he could do things. He could do things but it never hurt to keep proving it.

In the meantime, Brett chopped the vegetables in bitesize pieces, maybe a bit smaller. He had a bit of trouble with it since his body was not very cooperative. But he got it down, even without an accident, and as soon as Eddy came back, the faun smiled at him, "Thank you very much! Could you please put one pot on the fireplace?"