Chapter 4 | 15 minutes late

Andrew had texted Ayden the dinner plans. Which was again just a Dairy Queen (not sponsored) but Ayden couldn't help but feel nervous. So much happened yesterday and he was incredibly nervous... would they hold hands again?

Andrew said they would walk there together and that Ayden was supposed to wait outside his house.

"Yo, Ayden!" Ayden looked back to see the guy who was 15 minutes late. "I thought you ditched me, you bitch!" Ayden joked. "I'm sorry! I was gonna be here earlier but I got lost of time"
"All good." They laughed the awkwardness away

(Ayden pov)
We started walking, it was 6pm.
this time around, Andrew didn't brush his hand against mine. I will admit, I kinda wanted him too but I didn't wanna take my chances with how sweaty my hands could be right now so I ignored it and put my hands in my pockets and continued to walk.

We got there and I was relieved not to see Nikki through the window.

We ordered our food with little to no problems. We both ordered a fries and a burger, the atmosphere was considerably different then last time. Last time it was warm and uncomfortable in a good way, now it's just quiet and cold. We made eye contact for a bit and it was fair to say it was uncomfortable. Extremely so.

Was something wrong with my hair? Maybe my outfit was weird? Oh I knew I shouldn't have worn the navy shirt with blue jeans! To much blue!

Aydne suddenly got insecure about his outfit. He wanted to break this silence.

"So, you look nice" I smiled trying to be an ice breaker. "Oh thanks. I like your outfit, it's very.. blue." Oh god I knew it. The navy shirt was to much.. "oh yeah... I had a feeling maybe it was too much blue.." Ayden smiled sheepishly.

"Oh no that's not what I meant, I mean it's very nice! It's not to much, you're hat and shoes balance it out nicely" Andrew smiled and the cold atmosphere cleared completely and it began to feel warm again. Was it only me who was uncomfortable?

"Oh. Thank you.. I was worried haha"
Andrew laughed clearly relieved and 110x more comfortable then before.
"You don't need to worry about what I think about your outfit, personally I don't think I've seen you in any outfit that didn't look good on you." Ayden looked up for a moment.. "oh.. you... too" was all he could get from his mouth, he was clearly very flattered. Andrew took notice of this and just smiled at him. They got their food and began to eat, unfortunately Nikki was the one who delivered it and she kept glancing and smirking at them.

Oh how weird was this? She was STILL acting like the main love interest supporter when the Wattpad writer doesn't know how to do it in writing, It's crazy!

"Ha, remember when she thought we were on a date last time!" Andrew said "oh yeah! That was crazy" Ayden said remembering how uncomfortable that was.

Secretly very secretly Ayden was hoping it was a date. He was able to admit he was attracted to Andrew at this point. But he didn't know how to go about it, he's never really been this attracted to somebody before. He was never good at confessing and what I mean by that is he never confessed. To anybody. He's only been on dates because a few girls here and there asked him out, but it never lasted. In fact he's never even kissed anybody on the lips. His grandma once tried to kiss him on the lips when he was nine and that's as close as he's ever gotten.

He's extremely sensitive to touch because of that, little things always made him uncomfortable (in a good way usually) so he doesn't know what to think of hand holding, hugging anybody but his family always made him feel strangely happy.. or uncomfortable depending on who it was.

Holding Andrews hand was nice and he liked it, but he didn't know what it meant. They were doing everything that couples do in the movies except kissing but maybe that's just how friends hang out? He's heard of friends that flirt which each other all the time for fun so he didn't know if that was the case for this. He wanted to badly to know Andrews thoughts on the matter.