80

"So spill the tea. Are you guys back together?" Stas asked and gestured to Colby.

He was standing next to me, talking to one of the scary men that were roaming around.

He wasn't looking at me or paying attention to what I was talking about, his arm was securely around my waist.

"You could say that." I said with a small smile. "You're totally smitten!" Kat said with a laugh.

"How did you forgive him? I know I wouldn't have." Tara said as I sighed.

"It took a long time. I know he did it out of love though." I said as Colby squeezed my hip.

"We're gonna sit down to eat." He said as I nodded. "We'll talk to you guys in a little while." I said to the girls.

"See you later, Jules." Stas said and waved as Colby led the way to the dining area.

"How are you feeling?" Colby asked as we walked. "I feel okay." I said as he nodded, keeping his eyes forward.

Although his arm was constantly around me, while we were inside and surrounded by people he hardly looked at me.

It was probably to show that he didn't care about me as much as everyone thought.

It was a tactic to protect me.

When we got to the table, Colby pulled my chair out. "Thank you." I said quietly then sat down.

We were sitting at a table with a couple people from Colby's old gang, but our friends were all at a table with the rest of the gang.

I was fully aware of the nerves that were bundled in my chest. While I was talking to the girls I felt a lot more comfortable but now I was surrounded by people who could possibly hurt me.

The PTSD was eating me alive.

"How've you been?" A guy asked Colby as the servers brought over some salads. "I've been fine. You?" Colby asked as he put his hand on my thigh.

"Been busy. Miss having you around." The man said then looked at me. "Julia." He said causing Colby to stiffen slightly.

"Don't talk to her." Colby said with an authoritative tone.

"Sorry, man. Just wanted to say hi." The guy said and looked away. I looked down at my lap, feeling my stomach ache.

I didn't want to eat out of fear of throwing up since this event made me so nervous.

It was hard to wrap your head around the fact that I was surrounded by killers and criminals.

I guess technically I was one too.

The fact that my body count was almost up to ten made me feel even more sick.

I only ever killed people who were going to kill me but still.

I took life from some people and it didn't sit right with me.

We spent the next hour or so, sitting at dinner. I hardly touched any of my food, but neither did Colby.

He kept his hand on my leg the whole time, rubbing small circles with his thumb. It was nice to know that he was here and trying to comfort me.

Once dinner was done, we all went to go mingle again.

"You hardly ate." Colby said quietly as we walked around. "Neither did you." I commented, keeping my voice low.

"You okay?" He asked as I nodded. "How much longer do we have to stay?" I asked and looked up at him.