12

Colby's POV

"Are you sure you have to go so soon?" Sam asked as I chugged a bottle of water. "Positive. Got shit to do." I said then threw the empty bottle away.

It was the morning after the party and I was feeling pretty fucking hungover.

I was glad that I came all this way because it was actually really fun.

There were obviously a few hurdles but it was kinda fun coming back to stir up some shit.

"Well I hope you know you're always welcome here." Sam said then gave me a hug.

"Yeah. Hopefully we'll be having a banquet or party soon. You'll be the first to know about it." I said then grabbed my bag.

"I expect the first invite for sure." He said with a grin. "I'm serious about making friends up there, Colby. I worry about you." Sam said as I shook my head.

"Don't worry about me. There's no room for friends up there. Just me and work. Can't be weak or have a weak point, that's when shit gets messy." I said as he sighed.

"If this is about what happened with Julia th-" He started but I interrupted by putting my hand up.

"It's not." I said simply. "Alright. Well you don't have to make friends but I'm just worried about you losing yourself." He mumbled.

"Don't worry about that, brother. I'm the same old me." I said then opened the front door.

"Tell everyone I said bye." I said as he nodded. "Will do. Drive safe." He said as I left the house and went towards my car.

I had to admit I was a little sad to be leaving so soon.

I missed how simple things were when I lived here. I remembered being so fucking stressed but looking back I had no reason to be.

Sure, I had obstacles but nothing here was intense.

That was until she came along.

Then everything was complicated. Between falling in love and finding all of the skeletons in her closet.

Leaving everything was the hardest thing I have ever done, but I didn't regret it.

Everyone was better off this way.

I was basking in success, finally feeling stronger than I have ever felt before.

Sam was in charge, doing great things for the gang we built together. Sure, Katrina was pissed off but she would get over it.

Everything was better.

The drive back to Seattle felt like it was a million years long because I was so hungover. I had smoked all of my cigarettes too, but I was just too lazy to stop and get some more.

I needed to seriously cut back on them because I needed to be in the best shape possible, but addiction didn't give a fuck.

When I got back to Seattle I went straight to base, since I knew there were probably going to be pieces I had to pick up.

I was just lucky they didn't call me. That meant there were no emergencies.

"Mr. Brock." Will said as I walked into his office. "I'm not in a good mood so just tell me what happened." I said and crossed my arms. Keeping my face straight and my tone bland.

"Well. Jeremy and a few of the other guys went out and word got out that you shot a guy in LA." Will said as I squinted at him.

"And how on earth did anyone know about that?" I asked as he shrugged.