7

Colby's POV

"I expect things to run smoothly while I'm away." I said coldly as I paced in front of my whole gang.

"I may not be here physically, but I'm still here." I said and glared at them.

"Unless it is an emergency, report to Will. Otherwise, call me immediately." I said and crossed my arms.

"Understand?" I asked as they all nodded. "Yes, sir." They all said at the same time.

"Good. I'll be back Sunday night." I said then grabbed my jacket. "We'll take care of everything here." Will said as I nodded.

"Perfect." I said then left the room without another word. I went to my office so I could grab my bag then made my way to the car.

I was excited to escape to LA for the weekend but I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous.

Leaving things up here was nerve wrecking since it was less difficult to overthrow us while I was away.

Plus there was always the threat of someone trying to overthrow me from the inside.

I would never forget that Halloween party we had where my gang tried to take me out.

It was crazy to think that I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for Julia.

No. Don't think about Julia.

I shook my head, pushing away any thought of her. She couldn't be in my life.

It was better for her that way.

When I got to the car I changed out my license plate in case anyone was to follow me. I had to do this often to keep myself mostly hidden.

Whenever I drove I constantly had to watch my surroundings. I didn't expect anyone to be following but I couldn't be sloppy.

Sloppiness got people hurt or killed.

I felt a lot more ease when I got out of Washington. If nobody was following me yet, they wouldn't follow me now.

I found myself actually enjoying the silence as I drove. It was a pretty long drive but I didn't mind since I almost ever got to be truly alone.

I was always on standby, ready to jump into the action if I needed to.

This was the first trip I've taken in a long ass time.

I deserved to enjoy it.

It felt like I was driving for forever before I pulled up to the familiar mansion,

It was a place filled with endless memories that I didn't want to remember.

It was also filled with friends who I considered to be like brothers and sisters.

"Well well well...look who it is." Sam said as he opened the door. "Hey, man." I said then gave him a hug.

"How was the drive?" He asked as we walked into the house. "It was fine." I said as Katrina and Stas came down the stairs.

"Ugh." Kat said as I chuckled. "Hey, guys." I said and waved.

"He still exists." Stas said sarcastically. "Yep. Still standing." I said as Sam took my bag.

"I'll bring this to your room." He said and went towards the stairs.

"You didn't move into my room?" I asked as he shook his head.

"Nope. It's your room." He said with a nod. "So...have you talked to-" Kat started but I held my hand up, stopping her.

"Don't start, Katrina." I said as she rolled her eyes. "You're insufferable." She said then took Stas's hand and pulled her into the kitchen and away from me.