66

Colby's POV

"I'm sorry you guys are here and away from your gang and girlfriends." I said to Sam and Corey as we walked through Target, grabbing some stuff for Julia.

"Kat wants to kill you but I think she'll be happy to hear about you and Julia." Sam said as I grinned.

"Yeah, I kinda fucked them all up by leaving. I just really thought it was good for everyone." I said with a sigh.

"It's okay. You're allowed to make mistakes, man." Sam said as I put a pack of canvases in our cart.

"I appreciate you guys." I said quietly. "We love you, man. Even when you're a huge dick." Corey said causing me to laugh.

"I was only being a dick because I was numb." I said with a sigh. "You were missing something." Sam said as I chuckled. "Yeah. I guess you could say that." I said then looked at the cart full of stuff I got Julia.

I couldn't quite wrap my mind around how much I loved Julia. No matter how dangerous it was to have her around or how desperately I wanted her to be away from this life, I was glad she was here.

I was better with her by my side.

We payed for the stuff then made our way back to my apartment. "If you guys want to come up, you can." I said and parked the car.

"Nah, just send Jake down." Sam said as I nodded. "I'll text you about tomorrow." I said as we got out of the car.

"Alright, man. See you tomorrow." Sam said with a grin and handed me the bag of stuff I just bought.

"See ya." I said then went inside.

When I got upstairs, I went to my apartment to see Julia giggling on the couch and Jake cleaning something up.

"What's going on in here?" I asked causing Julia to look up.

"Colbyyyy!" She sang and stood up, stumbling over to me. "Hi, beautiful." I said and set the stuff I was holding on the floor so I could wrap my arms around her.

"I missed you." She slurred, causing me to laugh. "Are you drunk?" I asked then looked at Jake.

"She's wasted." He said as I nodded. "Got into my good stuff, huh?" I asked as Julia wrapped her arms around me and rested her cheek on my chest.

"I told her not to." Jake said with an almost nervous tone.

"It's alright. The guys are waiting for you downstairs." I said as Jake stood up.

"She dropped a bottle on the ground, I think she cut her foot but I haven't been able to check." Jake said as I nodded.

"I'll take care of it. Thanks for everything, man." I said as Jake chuckled. "You're nice when you're in love." He said as I nodded.

"Yeah. I guess." I said then jutted my head towards the door. "Out." I said as he chuckled.

"There it is. See you tomorrow." He said then left the apartment.

"I missed you." Julia mumbled and looked up at me, her eyes glassy. "I missed you, too." I said then gave her a gentle kiss.

"Can I see your foot?" I asked as she giggled. "Not for free." She said and pulled away from me and started walking towards the shattered glass.

"Wait!" I said and wrapped my arms around her waist, lifting her up.

Julia giggled then leaned her head back against my chest.

"Come on." I said and carried her towards my room and away from the glass. "Are we allowed to fuck now?" Julia asked as I chuckled.

"As much as I would love to, I'm not going to fuck you while you're drunk." I said then sat her on the bed.