54

When Colby pulled up to the curb I sighed and stood up, feeling the exhaustion creep up on me again.

It was a long day and I just wanted to go to sleep.

"How'd it go?" Colby asked as I got in the car. "It went." I said and buckled my seatbelt, not looking at him.

"You scared me, ya know." He said quietly as I nodded. "That was the goal." I said and crossed my arms.

"Alright, I get it. I'll leave you alone." Colby said as I nodded. "Great." I said and picked at my nails.

We drove in awkward silence for a while before I sighed and looked over at him.

"We have to talk." I said with a sigh. "You're the one ignoring me, sweetheart." Colby said with a laugh.

"Because I keep telling you how bad you hurt me and you think it's a good idea to get back together." I snapped and looked over at him.

"I think we both know how we feel..well at least I do. We know how things ended and I've admitted that I fucked up." Colby said with a sigh.

"There's no fixing it as far as I'm concerned." I said as he nodded slowly.

"I understand." He said then pulled into the driveway of the house we were staying in.

I didn't know if he actually understood or if he was saying that to get me to shut up.

I knew Colby. He would fight for what he wanted and wouldn't let anyone change his mind.

He was the most stubborn and frustrating person to ever exist.

When we got out of the car, I felt my legs give out slightly. I was sick of feeling so weak but it was something I would have to get used to.

I slowly made my way towards the front door, feeling my muscles ache.

"You good?" Colby asked as I nodded. "I'm great." I said and went inside.

"Hey, Jules." Sam said as I walked into the house. "Hey." I said and went towards the stairs.

"Going to bed?" He asked as I nodded. "We'll talk tomorrow." I said then went upstairs.

When I got to my room I flopped onto the bed, not bothering to get changed.

I was so exhausted that I fell asleep almost immediately, my body falling into a good sleep.

Luckily there were no dreams or nightmares because I just wanted one night to recoup from all the shit that's been going on.

When I finally woke up, the sun was shining brightly into my room. "Fuck." I groaned as I sat up.

My muscles were sore and my head was pounding. It felt like I had the worst hangover ever.

I got out of bed and stretched, trying to relieve the pain I was feeling.

Since I was wearing the same clothes I was wearing last night, I decided to get changed. I didn't realize I still had Colby's phone though until it slipped out of my pocket and crashed to the floor.

"Shit." I whispered and grabbed the phone, seeing multiple notifications from the contact Will.

The top text was only one word that sent a chill down my spine.

SOS.

"God damnit." I hissed then turned and left the room. "Colby?!" I called out as I walked down the hall.

"You okay?" He asked and popped his head out of one of the rooms. "SOS." I said and held his phone up.

"I forgot you still had that. I wouldn't say that's an SOS moment, sweetheart." He said with a chuckle as I shook my head. "No. Will is sending you an SOS, dumbass!" I snapped as he hummed and took the phone.