How all this started..

~This has nothing to do with the canon, so the year they're currently in this chapter is 2016 -> 2020

[Narrator's PoV:

There we see, Nightmare kneeling down to a tree. For what? You may ask. He was begging for a little sibling.

"Please mother! I'm so tired of this. Just one little sibling.."

Nightmare is the Guardian of both Positivity and Negativity... But not for long.

The other day Nightmare woke up he saw a baby that look similar to him. Nightmare quickly realize it was his little brother. He was filled with joy. Until he saw a tag.

'The Newest Guardian of Positivity!'

"What the hell.. I thought he'll be a Guardian at 6 at least."

Nightmare said quietly. Not expecting anything like this. The baby was sleeping. The small child doesn't even have a name. But Nightmare already has came up with a name for this type of situation.

He himself was born without a name. Someone called him a nightmare so he decides that's his name now. And he is willing to call the younger sibling Dream.

[4 years later.]

This is finally the day that Dream will learn how to be a proper guardian. Nightmare thought teaching Dream when he's 4 is a great headstart for Dream.

He then brought Dream around the town, introducing him to every person in the village and he got popular real fast. Nightmare then left him alone with some kids as he talk with other adults.

Dream easily befriended with the other children. They all play for a while before an adult ask Dream to help them with something.

Dream didn't even know most of the words that was spoken by the villager. Then Nightmare goes to them both and helps the villager even though he's no longer the Guardian of Positivity too.

Dream and Nightmare went back to the tree, Nightmare first action when they got there is sleeping. While Dream's action is going back to village once Nightmare is asleep.

Many people saw him going there by himself. Some ask him to go back to Nightmare while some ask him to help them with chores and more.

But Dream decided to go help the people who wants help. The villagers shows him how to do stuffs and he was a really quick learner. The villagers took advantage of it. But some didn't since he was a child.

He was only 4 years old but is already doing stuffs that weren't meant to do. Like washing the clothes, cleaning people's houses and much more.

Once Dream's motivation has dropped, he goes back to the tree and falls asleep next to Nightmare.

The next day, Dream woke up with Nightmare trying to do a trick. Dream just watches as Nightmare kept failing the trick. Dream quickly figured what was trying to do. It was a backflip.

One of Dream's friends showed off the backflip. Dream also can't so the backflip but watches Nightmare until Nightmare has nailed the backflip.

Dream smiled at Nightmare's success before heading to the village's library. Dream goes there to read some learning books. He wanted to know proper English.