𝙵𝙸𝙰𝚂𝙲𝙾

He's around they said. That was it, really. Nate is around now. That simple statement changed the rest of my day and it wasn't even more than four words.

Those four words had greeted me as I stepped into the sitting room, said by no other than Avery. This time around she was in a black-and-white polka dots body hug, carrying a large grey purse in the crook of her elbows, holding that her freaking tab which she had covered with a grey pouch. At first I didn't get it till she expanded on her statement and saw Riley dressed up.

Again, those four words got us taking two cars to different shops. Nathan in one, I in an other. And to think we're the couple. At least, my questions were answered, partially. He could go wherever he wanted. Because of that sentence, I find myself staring at mounds and mounds of white gowns.

In case it wasn't stated, I'm shopping for my wedding dress on a Monday afternoon in a classy, mainly built of glass and brightly lit building. It smells of money, gowns and not to forget, money.

"Gosh, I'm so excited!" Riley squeals beside me as she sits on the only white couch in the chic room we were led into when we stepped in minutes ago. Her face glows as she leans on the arm of the couch and crosses her leg. I am sure she's glad she didn't miss this one.

I admire the cream painted walls and how it reflects the lights coming from the chandelier that hangs from the ceiling, directly in the middle of the room. Flower vases are positioned at every corner of the room the scent permeating the air of the private VIP area. It wasn't stated it was one but I am sure it is.

My mum scoots down to the very end of the chair. She is wearing a simple white silk top with black slacks. She adjust the classy gold buckle on her black bag and places it on her lap. Mrs. Miller on the other hand is motioning around the room, and from I tone I can tell she's wondering why only one overly long couch was provided.

I know it was for everyone to face the little elevated marble area opposite it and pick out the bride's gown but if you ask me it's a cruel yet funny way to put my Mum and Mrs. Miller in the same space. I don't think she gets the response she wants as she walks over to sit in the middle of the couch, her silver heels clicking the tiles.

"Let's see what you got," she says as she elegantly drops her dark green leather bag next to her.

"Of course ma'am." A tall, I mean tall, lady in a flowing red and orange gown, that screams I'm rich but I don't want to show it and I'm friendly says, smiling. She motions to me and I stand up, smoothing down my skirt. I barely had time to change into this blue and white striped flared skirt and fitted white t-shirt I'm wearing.

"Can I come with?" Avery asks from her position on the couch, next to me. Her tab is on and her eyes are eager as she looks up.

The tall lady waves her off. "Don't bother, darling. I got her covered."

With that, we leave their presence and turn to go into a room. My heart is beating in my head.

"Okay!" The tall lady - God, I really need to know her name - claps garnering the attention of the two ladies in the room. They both looked at alert though. "We need to get a gown for her. It must bring out her eyes," she grabs my chin and raises my head up to look at her. Well, that wasn't weird. Then her eyes roam down my body. "And complement her build perfectly, that good?"

"Sure." One in black jacket and leather skirt answers, her purple lips tugging up at the corner. The other, who is in a printed denim, blue t-shirt and a black jacket too, shrugs.

"Fine. Have away."

I breathe through my mouth as they both drag a rack of wedding gowns in front of me, the sound of rolling tires and gleaming white distracts me I don't get what they say. "Sorry, what?"