𝙵𝙸𝚅𝙴.

Note: This chapter is under editing, hence there'll be a lot of errors.

*******

Naturally, if you are part of the female species it is often hard to decide on what to wear.

It becomes worse when you don't know whether to go flashy or even subtle since it's somewhere you haven't been before. And that is why, right now, I am holding up two gowns in front of me to wear to church.

After a lot of contemplating, I finally decide on a knee-length baby blue chiffon gown. Cinched around the waist, it acts like a corset that flattens my stomach, and pushes up a certain part of my body, then finally flares down to my knee.

Pairing it up with a blue purse and a black three-inch heeled shoe, I walk over to the dressing table where I keep my duffel bag and bring out what I call my jewelry box. I have no Tiffany collection but I got something.

I pull out a glistening gold chain with a pendant in the letter 'A' and a matching bracelet from the assortment of tangled-up jewelry. Another day, I can sit and untangle them all, but now, now church was the goal. Without another glance at them, I shut the box close.

Not in the mood for any makeup, I apply a light shade of pink lip gloss. And God bless a good skin, I am part of the lucky few to not know what having a pimple feels like. And even if I did have one, I'll still flaunt my face. It doesn't change anything about who I am, just like how not applying any make-up did not.

Using the fluorescent lights glowing from the chandelier, I strut over to the glistening mirror and strike a pose. With my voluminous hair packed into a neat bun and held back by a glittering blue pin, and the pair of gold jewelry bringing out light golden specks in my brown eyes, I wave to the mirror and nod, feeling like a black version of Cinderella.

Except we have no similarity whatsoever. Apart from the fact, that we are both females.

Letting out a deep sigh, I shake my head and walk back into the room, my heels echoing my every step. I grab my phone from the bed, and place it gently into the purse, right next to his new best friend the pocket knife.

Better get to church before you lose it. A sharp voice rings in my head.

And without any argument, I carry out the action that will take me to church and that is walking downstairs. But not before locking the closet door, and dumping the keys in my purse.

When I reach the dining area, the whole family is seated for breakfast and they all look up when I approach.
Richard barely glances at me and goes back to eating, so does Peacock.

Riley on the other hand smiles and cups her mouth. "You look good, girl."

I accept the compliment with a small smile feeling a bit uncomfortable.

Henry and Charlotte share an identical smile before Charlotte asks, "Why are you all dressed up?"

"Church, I usually attend it every Sunday. Is there one around here?" And, when the words leave my mouth and reach my ears, I start to question the decision of dressing without finding out if there was one.

But there has to be, right?

Charlotte walks over to me, "Yes there is. So wipe that look off your face."

Relief instantly fills me as my lips widen up in a smile, "Thank goodness. What time does it start?"

"Nine but. . ." Her voice trails of as she inclines her head to look at the dining wall clock. "It's just eight so you have an hour to spare give or take."