𝙴𝙽𝙲𝙾𝚄𝙽𝚃𝙴𝚁

The first thing that registers is I'm uncomfortable, followed by the fact my face is being smothered by the pillow.

Groaning, I stretch my hand towards the direction I suppose the bedside table is and fumble around for my phone. When I get a hold of it, I lift one eyelid open and switch it on. The screen light momentarily blinds me and I squint to adjust to the glare.

3:30 am.

Sitting up, I stretch my limbs, thoroughly regretting my decision of sleeping in a bra. Who does that?! It's highly uncomfortable. I hastily remove it and discard it to a side on the bed.

The pale crescent moon shining like a silvery claw through the window, casts a gentle glow in the room. One which helps me find my way to the door. Mission: successfully head downstairs and get water.

Opening the door slowly, I peek my head through to make sure the area is clear. Satisfied, I come out of the room and try to shut the door quietly but the door isn't having it and ends up shutting with a loud thud.

Instantly, I freeze. I check if the house is still quiet. When there isn't any noise, I carefully make my way down the stairs, my feet barely touching the ground. I grip the staircase railing tightly to avoid tripping. If I trip now, it won't be funny.

The only source of light is coming from somewhere downstairs, making me regret not taking my phone with me. I find the light source to be a glowing fish tank, in the dining room next to a flower vase.

A dispenser stands at the other side but no cups are around. Two doors stand to my right. I vaguely try to recall the one I had used earlier this night. I try the first one but it is locked. On trying the second one, it opens easily into the kitchen and I slip into it. Grinning widely, I leave the door slightly ajar so I can see.

The kitchen looks beautiful in the glow of the moonlight and the steady hum of the freezer makes me feel safe.

I make my way over to a huge refrigerator coupled with a mini dispenser. I ignore the mini dispenser and open the refrigerator to pick a bottle of water.

A sound startles me and I snap my head in the direction of the door. Footsteps reach my ears and my eyes widen. What kind of normal person would be awake at this time of the night?

Well, except me of course.

The whole house has retired for the light. Unless, someone sneaked in. The footsteps become louder and I hastily shut the fridge leaving the kitchen in darkness.

Trembling, I move my hands around the counter looking for any sort of weapon. My hand curls around an object and after a quick examination I find out it is a Frypan.

Lovely, thanks to Rapunzel and watching Tangled countless times I know how to use it and I am not afraid to use it. The door whooshes open and a figure walks in. I can't make out who it is and before my head could think my mouth blurts out, "Who is there? "

Seriously!

Regretting my stupidity, I bite down on my lip and tighten my grip on the frypan ready to use it if the figure moved any closer.

It moves.

Well, you asked for this.

Determined, I raise my hands ready to hit whoever it is, when fingers curl around my wrist stopping me mid-action.

"Wow, really?" Says a deep, almost cave-like voice. Yet, I don't miss his silky tone either.

Skittish, I open my mouth to scream. Even if it's the last thing I do. His large hands suddenly cup my mouth, muffling my scream.