Eight

(Izuku PoV)

"This place is amazing!" I gawked at the huge mansion. The place was beautiful and fancy and I couldn't believe my unloving soulmate was letting my live here. 

For a second, I believed that I should decline the offer and stay at my small apartment. At least there I would feel like I was earning my living and wasn't taking it from someone who worked hard for what he got. But I didn't want to make Denki upset and I wanted to try and have a relationship with Sero.

I didn't blame Sero for what he had been like the past few weeks. Sero was a busy man and he loved Denki, not me. We were meant to be but sometimes that isn't enough to make someone love someone else. He knew me for two minutes at least. The fact I was going to be living in the same house as him and wouldn't have to worry for electrical and water was a blessing. 

"Izuku, thank goodness you're here!" Denki was at the door as I entered the house, throwing his arms around me. "I was so worried when I went to your work and you weren't there. I thought that you had tried to-" 

I knew what he was about to say so I quickly interrupted, "I'm fine! I got...a few more different jobs so I decided I didn't want to do those types of jobs anymore."

Sero spoke from a little behind Denki, "Those type of jobs?"

I gulped, time to deflect the question, "Hey, this interior design is just as magnificent as the outside. You truly know your style."

Sero just hummed before looking at Denki, "A moment."

Denki frowned with confusion, looking between the two who held complete different expressions. Sero's was slightly bitter, his eyes never leaving mine. I only looked like someone who had been threatened with a gun in my face.

"Okay..." he agreed reluctantly, "I'll be in our room."

He skipped away and I watched him go with my hands crossing each other behind me and leaning forwards and to the side so I could look passed Denki and watch him disappear. 

"How are you going to tell him that I sleep in a seperate room from the two of you?" I asked, interested in how he was going to not hurt Denki in the worse way.

"When the time comes—"

"So tonight"

"I'll tell him that we aren't ready to sleep in the same bed yet. That will give me some time to think what to tell him after." Sero finished, glaring at me when he was interrupted.

I nodded, "okay, is that what you wanted to talk to me about?"

"Yes, and that you should remember that you're only here for Denki. If I catch you doing anything you shouldn't be doing, I'll kick you out without hesitation." Sero's eyes darkened and he fixed his suit. "Now I have to go to work. If you need a ride anywhere then my driver will take you."

"Hey, I know that you're doing this for Denki, but I really appreciate this. Thank you." I gave him a genuine smile.

Sero looked at me for a moment, like he was inspecting my face, then turned back towards the door, "Yes, well, it's no problem. It's an empty house if I'm the only one here."