Chapter 17: The Silence is Deafening

Start from the beginning

"That, that's right… if it was you and your friends… the ones who possessed that potion… and with the Wise King of the Forest… then there's no doubt about your strength nor theirs… I'll hire, I'll hire you people!" Lizzie agreed.

"Is that so… are you prepared to pay a high price for this?" Momonga mentions.

"How much will it take to satisfy you?" Lizzie said.

"Everything." Momonga revealed the answer.

"What?" Lizzie blurted out.

[Momonga: Tabula cast Aim Silent on the Swords of Darkness.]

[Tabula Smaragdina: What? Oh I see.]

"Give us everything you have." Momonga said as Tabula cast [Aim Silent] to the Swords of Darkness to prevent them from hearing him.

Lizzie's eyes widened in shock, and her body trembled violently.

[Touch Me: You're scaring the old lady Momonga!]

[Momonga: Sorry! I'm just trying to get an advantage that's all.]

"Everything you have. When I safely return Nfirea to you, give me everything you have." Momonga said to Lizzie.

"You…" Backing away in fear, Lizzie muttered:

"When you say everything… you don't mean money or rare potions… I've heard that demons will grant any wish in return for men's souls. Are you people demons?"

"…And what if we were? Do you want to save your grandson?" Momonga mentions.

Lizzie did not respond, silently biting her lip.

"Then there's only one answer, right?" Momonga asked.

"Umu… I'll hire you. I'll give you everything I have, so please save my grandson!"

After getting Lizzie to hire Momonga and his friends, they went to the graveyard where the kidnappers were located.

"Oh. So they have started the spell already." Yamaiko said as Momonga sees the large gathering of undead.

"Wait! Let's us help!" The Swords Of Darkness showed up behind.

[Tabula Smaragdina: No! I don't want them to mess up our plans!]

[Momonga: Hold on. I got idea that could keep them off our backs.]

"I'm not gonna let you four do something that could compromise Nfirea's life." Momonga said which caused the Swords Of Darkness to look at him with shocked expressions.

"If you wish to do something… Then give a alarm to the city, warn everyone about this threat and make sure that the undead won't pass that gate…" Momonga said as the Swords of Darkness realized the truth of the situation.

"Y-you're right Momon! Those undead won't stop until the main cause is destroyed!" Ninya exclaims realizing Momonga's plan.

"Exactly. I hope you guys now know what to do then." Momonga said which caused the Swords of Darkness to smile.