Chapter 17: The Silence is Deafening

Momonga looked around at the mess that was made by Nfirea's kidnappers.

The whole house is a mess after Tabula fought a woman named Clementine, who was only able to escape with Nfirea, thanks to the Swords Of Darkness's sad jealousy.

It doesn't help that Nfirea's Grandmother showed up to see what happened to her house.

[Momonga: This is a fucking nightmare...]

[Tabula Smaragdina: I know right? I could have stopped this if Swords Of Darkness hadn't ignored my orders.]

Tabula told everything that had happened to his friends, who simply sigh.

[Touch Me: At least you marked them with Life Mark.]

[Yamaiko: That saved us a lot of work actually.]

[Nishikienrai: At least we have a proper warrior that used martial arts. Maybe we can capture her for study.]

[Momonga: We should save Nfirea to give our persona's a better reputation and because I like him for being respectful.]

[Tabula Smaragdina: A decent person and a alchemist… I like that type of person.]

Before Momonga could do anything, Nfirea's grandmother appears and begins talking to him.

"My grandson! Nfirea's gone!" The grandmother exclaimed.

"So it seems…" Momonga muttered in response.

"The opposition seem to only care about kidnapping Nfirea. Presumably to use his talents." Momonga said while looking at Tabula.

"Who are those people?" The grandmother said as she pointed at the swords of darkness.

"Those are the adventurers that your grandson hired alongside us." Touch Me explained while looking at Swords of Darkness, who were resting.

"Are they your comrades?" The grandmother asked.

"Not really, they are just fellow adventures, that is all…" Nishikienrai responded to the old woman.

"The kidnappers were awfully confident that they can get away with everything, they even gave us some details of their plan." Tabula said, which surprises the grandmother.

"They have a item that allowed them to use a 7th tier spell to create a army of undead, but only your grandson can use it. They are probably at the graveyard performing the spell as we speak."

Tabula finished saying as Momonga turned around to a shocked grandmother.

"How about hiring us?"Momonga said in a cold voice that made Lizzie shudder.

"Isn't this something you should hire an adventurer for?" Momonga continued.

A light came on in Lizzie's eyes as she understood what Momonga was getting at.

"You are a very lucky woman, Lizzie Bareare. At the moment, We are the strongest adventurers in this city, and the only ones who can save your grandson's life. If you hire us, I will accept your request. However… the price will be very high, because I am fully aware of how troublesome this task might be." Momonga said.