40. Shangque the Black Dragon

Start from the beginning

.

.

.

The young girl lay still on the cold stone floor, wearing a blood-stained white summer dress. Her eyes were tightly closed as she groaned with discontent, mumbling, "Ugh... that... crazy dream last night... I was kissing that rascal."

'Kiss?'

The mention of the kiss piqued Meilin's curiosity. Her large, dark-brown eyes shot open with lightning speed as she realized the significance of her so-called dream. However, instead of focusing on her surroundings, she became absorbed in the puzzling shift in her relationship with the Moon Supreme. "WHAT?" she screamed at the top of her lungs, her voice echoing through the area. As she blinked rapidly, she gradually recognized that she was no longer in her home. 'Where am I?' she wondered, her gaze filled with awe.

The place seemed deserted, with a crystal-clear blue pond shimmering under soft light, delicate decorations adorning the area, and crystal pillars casting intricate shadows on the smooth marble floor.

Realization dawned on Meilin as she grasped the weight of her current situation. "So, if I'm not at home... that means..." Her voice trailed off as she connected the dots, her eyes widening in disbelief. The truth she had been grappling with since waking up finally emerged. "THAT MEANS THAT KISS ACTUALLY HAPPENED!" she screamed even louder than before, her luscious lips trembling at the thought of exposing her vulnerability to an aggressive man she had never expected to reveal a gentle, romantic side. 'I feel comfortable with him the way he was before... NOT WHEN HE IS THIS LOVEY-DOVEY!' she screamed internally.

Meilin's breath quickened, and she felt like she was losing her mind. The girl who had always believed she was terrible at romance or being someone's partner now found herself astonished by her skillfully passionate kiss with Qingcang. And not only that, she had passionately embraced his lips as if she had thirsted for them her whole life, pouring her deepest desires into those fleeting seconds before they separated.

"I'm so STUPID!" Meilin exclaimed, her eyes still wide with the realization of her actions, giving in to the kiss from Dongfang Qingcang. "I... I only let that kiss happen because... I thought... it was a dream..." Her voice faltered, barely audible as her inner nerd emerged. Frustration overtook her, and she slapped both hands against her face. 'No, slapping myself won't work. I need to make sure I'm not dreaming now,' she contemplated.

Raising her arm, Meilin stared at the hard floor and closed her eyes, preparing herself for the impending pain. In a moment of recklessness, she forcefully slammed her hand against the unforgiving marble, letting out a piercing scream of agony similar to that of a little schoolgirl.

Feeling slightly foolish, Meilin winced and muttered, "Ow... Why do I always go to such extremes? Then again, speaking of extremes, I married a non-human... Great..." She slapped her forehead in irritation, releasing an exasperated exclamation, "TERRIFIC, MEILIN! You've never been normal anyway! You're crazy, I tell you. CRAZY! Crazy for KISSING him. I need to knock some sense into myself. We're from different worlds and different species. He's bad-tempered and war-driven, while I'm chill and love peace. Not to mention, humans and demons have been enemies since the beginning of our existence! If it weren't for God's protection and other beings distracting them in wars, they would have wiped us out!"

Meilin quickly sat up straight, a crucial realization dawning upon her, causing her eyes to widen.

"Wait... I'm no longer human, am I?" Meilin questioned herself. 'I've become a demon because of Dongfang Qingcang,' she thought, irritation creeping into her mind. 'Once I get my hands on him, I'll make him turn me back!'