Chapter 8: Can't Sleep

Rani tried to sleep but she couldn't. She tried every possible position, but nothing worked. Her den was just way to uncomfortable.

Rani walked out of her den. She walked into her friends dens, but they were all asleep. Rani went to Kion's den instead.

Rani peered in. Kion was up. "Uh King Kion?" Rani asked. "Come in," Kion replied. "And, just Kion please." Rani nodded. "I-I can't sleep," Rani said.

"Why?" Kion asked. "I have a lot of energy," Rani replied. "Oh that would make sense," Kion nodded. "I was going to ask one of my friends to do this with me, but they are asleep. Can we go on a walk and help me burn off my energy?" Rani asked.

"Oh sure," Kion smiled. He and Rani walked out.

For a few minutes, they were silent, just walking through the savanna, then Kion pushed Rani. She fell into the tall grass. Kion looked away, acting like he did nothing.

"Hey!" Rani complained. "What?" Kion asked. "Don't act dumb, I know you pushed me," Rani stood up. "I would never," Kion smirked. Rani raised an eyebrow.

Kion tagged Rani and ran. "Seriously!" Rani ran after Kion. "Catch me if you can!" Kion laughed. Rani gave a groan, then smiled. She chased after Kion.

After a few minutes, Rani ran out of breath. She wasn't able to tag Kion. Kion turned around and trotted over to her. "Ha! I win," Kion smirked.

"Yeah alright," Rani groaned. "Hey your energy is burned off now right?" Kion raised an eyebrow. "Huh, I guess it is," Rani shrugged.

"Exactly, I helped you, now you owe me," Kion said. "What do I need to do?" Rani sighed. "It's more like, what can you give me," Kion replied. Rani raised an eyebrow.

Kion stepped closer to her, "I would like cubs." Rani stood there speechless. She quickly ran away.

"Oh yeah Kion, you idiot. Just go ahead and ask for cubs. Yeah that will totally get her," Kion mocked himself, "Moron." Kion was insulting himself.

Rani ran to her friends. She was going to wake them up, but then realized, they might encourage her to have cubs, so Rani didn't wake them. Rani went to her cave, but kept one eye open incase Kion came in.

Kion was wresting with himself, he bit, and clawed his legs, tail, and back. "I'm an idiot," Kion groaned, "She's probably never talking to me again."

Kion walked back to his den. "I can't believe I just did that," Kion sighed. He rested his head on his paws. "Rani's probably going to be scared of me now," Kion rolled his eye's.

After a while, Kion closed his eyes and fell asleep.