**THIRTY-ONE**

“Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired.”
         – Robert Frost       

********

             BAYO AND FAREED came out of the six-story building owned by the former. And they head in the direction of the car park while talking with each other. The sound of a vehicle filled the air and it caught their attention. Bayo paused with a creased brow and that made Fareed also halt in his steps, asking why he had stopped.

"What is it?" Reed asked, with tugged brows.

"Why do I feel that the car sounding is mine?" Bayo replied rhetorically.

"Guess we will find out when we get to the parking lot," Reed said with a small smile on his face. The former nodded and shrugged then kept walking with his friend.

They continued their movement to the car park and Bayo suddenly stopped again with an inaudible exclamation leaving his lips.

"Is that my car?" He asked bewildered. Reed also stopped and looked in the direction he was facing. The car that they both came in had been bumped into at the bumper. The bumper was almost to the ground and the backlight was broken.

"Shit!" Reed exclaimed. It was barely three weeks since Bayo bought the car and it was the second time that he was driving it. He could tell how surprised he was to see that someone had bumped into his expensive car. He was also shocked.

Two security men were next to the car and it looked like they were talking harshly to someone whose body frame had been covered.

"Dude, you've got to be calm about this."

"Do you know how much that bumper is worth?" Bayo asked his friend.

Reed placed a hand on his shoulder. "I know, friend. I know that more than anyone else. But you have to be calm. Let's go settle this amicably." He advised him. Bayo let out a puff of air from his cheek and nodded. Then they stride toward the car.

One of the security men was the first to sight him and he was quick to notice the slight look of fear in his eyes. The car was under their watch but they had let someone bump into it while trying to move into the parking space. And they all know who he was and what the car was worth just from looking at it. It wasn't every day that type of car is parked in the parking lot.

"Mr Ade..." The security man who happened to be the deputy head of the security man of the company walked up to him and started by calling him in the usual way people in the company call him. Mr. Ade for short instead of Adebowale, his full surname. "We...."

Bayo raised a hand to stop him and immediately he kept shut, swallowing hard. He used that time to have a proper look at the side of his car that was damaged together with his friend Reed.

It was a lot of damage. They noticed.

Bayo bit the inside of his cheek, staring perplexed at his new car. Then he let out a deep exhale before raising his gaze to the man, watching him in silence. Fear and guilt marred his masculine features, waiting to be reprimanded or yelled out for his carelessness and not doing his job right and also to say what he has in mind.

Before the security man could utter a word, a feminine voice beat him to it.

"You must be the owner of the car." The voice said as she was trying to confirm who it was.

Bayo's brows creased in the middle as he gazed behind the man and a woman in her early to mid thirty appeared from behind the other security man who was staring angrily at her and trying to stop her.