** FOURTEEN **

"Family doesn't have to be blood. Who you call family are people who love you regardless of anything. They are people related to you by love."

*****

                 LOLA DROVE HER car into the mansion after the automatic gate opened. She stopped the car in front of the mansion. Then she stepped down and she threw the car key at the kids driver that had left his position where he sat with the security man to meet her when he saw drove in. He caught it on time. And before he could say his greetings, she turned away and went into the house since he knew what he was supposed to do with the key and the car.

The men were having their own conversation in the sitting room when she got there. And she only waited to say a short greeting to the men in the living room - her husband included. The fact that he just returned from a month plus business trip didn't actually matters to her at that time. So she left them, stupefied.

Hurriedly, she went up the stairs and she caught the twins standing next to the door of Jesse and Khalid room. The twins both looked solemn and she could tell that they were thinking about how they were going to enter into the room.

She looked between them and at the door before she approached them. It wasn't until she was close to them that they saw her since they were immerse in their own little worried conversation.

"Mommy." They called quietly looking at her with sad hopeful eyes.

If the little children can look at that way, she wondered how Jesse and Khalid must be feeling. It hurt her just thinking about it.

"Hi dear," She rubbed their cheeks with her hand, stooping to their height. "What's wrong?"

"Mom, we heard that Khalid is leaving today. Is he really leaving our house? Will he comes back?" Jasper was the first to speak.

Lola took in deep breath before answering the children who were staring at her with expectant eyes. She could see the fear in both their eyes.

She shook her head slowly. "Mnn. Yes, he is going back home and he is not coming back to stay."

"Why is he leaving? I thought this is his home. I thought he is our family." Jasmine asked. "This is supposed to be his home. We are his family and he is my brother."

"I know." She shook her head in agreement with what the little girl said. "We are his family. Remember, I always tell you that it isn't just about the gene that makes us family. It is those who want you in their lives and those who love and are loyal to you. That is who we call family. That is how Khalid is related to us. He is related to us by loyalty and love. You've always know that he is different from us and he have another family which are his real family. His biological family. But it does not mean he isn't welcome here or that he is not family. He is and I am sure he feels the same way about you. You know he likes you both like you are his little brother and sister." They shook their heads slowly. "So he is still family. He just have to return to his real family. His family by blood which is uncle Adam's."

"I don't want him to be Ziya brother. He is my brother." Jasmine said with a pout. Her eyes were becoming gloomy with unshed tears.

Lola heaved a sigh. "Ziya and Rahim are also his brother and sister. You can't take that away just like they can't take away the fact that you and your brother," She turned her head to look at Jasper and back to her. "are also his brother and sister. Khalid love you both okay? Let's give him a chance to know his real family. You know everything about brother Khalid but Ziya doesn't. And as a good girl and a good sister you should learn to share. Alright?"