**TWENTY-NINE**

"Love, I think. And that love can be for a boy or a girl or a place or a way of life or even for a family."
-Brooke Davis (ONE TREE HILL)

********

           LOLA WAS ON her way back to the event hall when she saw someone sitting in a secluded corner. Her curiosity and instinct get the better of her so she moved closer to take a better look at the person sitting there. Immediately, she recognized the familiar black curly hair and skin colour. And unconsciously, a big smile spread across her face. Then she walked over to him.

She had hardly seen him since the ceremony began. Jesse had told her he had been with him for a while but he had to return to his family side since he was needed there.

She had wanted to see him and ask how he was doing.

"Ivar." She called excitedly on his second name.

He raised his head to peer at her as some of his hair covered his face. "Mom." He stated but it sounded like a question. Like he was trying to confirm that he wasn't seeing things. A smile curled across his lips, realizing she was the one. "Mom."He repeated, standing to his feet at the same time brushing the hair on his face upward.

Then he covered the distance between them, pulling her into a tight hug.

The action surprised Lola for a second. She did not expect he will act so quickly. It seems like he had been wishing to see and embrace her.

Did he miss her that much?

She thought curiously with a smiling face. But then she waved the thought off and hugged him back with the smile still on her face; taking in the familiar scent of his cologne. It's been a long while since she did that. She ran her hands through his thick curly black hair.

"I miss you." He whispered.

She patted his back with a smile. "I miss you too son." She ran her hand through his hair and back. She pulled him away so she could have a good look at his face. It's been a month and a half since she last saw him.

His eyes were red and it was obvious he was holding back tears.

"Khalid... C'mon, are you crying?"

"Nah," He disagreed brushing the side of his eyes, and shaking his head. "No, I just miss you so much."

Lola seems touched. She felt the same way. She can't count how many times she had fought with her husband so she could see him. But he won't let her. He wanted her to give him freedom and get used to his biological family. But she misses him.

She missed her son.

"Come here." She pulled him back into an embrace to prevent him from seeing her tears. She sniffled quietly, dabbing the tears in her eyes. "I miss you too so much."

Khalid stayed in her arms, holding her tightly while he sob quietly on her shoulder. He missed her terribly. He would have never been hurt if she was there. She was everything he needed in a parent. And he can't tell how much he wished she was his biological mother.

None of it would have happened. He won't feel so lonely, caged and hurt if she was his mother.

Lola heaved a sigh as she soothe him on his head down to his nape. Then she noticed a red mark at the side of his face, below his ear. Before she could confirm what it truly was, he pulled away. He had tears on his face and he used the back of his hand to wipe them off. And that's when Lola noticed that his face was a little swollen, his eyes were red and he had two cuts on his lower lips.