** TWELVE **

"Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It's not something you learn in school. But if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything." -
Muhammad Ali     

*****

               YASMIN MOVED ALONG the crowdy hallway, squeezing herself through the students who scattered themselves on the senior block hallway till she get to her class. A sigh of relief escaped from her lips when she stepped into the class. Then she headed straight to her seat, releasing another tired sigh while she fell into the seat beside her seat mate - Jedekaih. He looked up from his drawing pad and peered at her.

"Is anything the problem?" He asked.

"I'm just tired." She responded with her eyes closed.

"Sorry dear. So how was your meeting?" He asked, looking at her with concern.

She shook her head as she answered him. "The meeting with the varsity team turned out to be a headache. I don't understand all the misunderstanding today." She complained rubbing her temple with two fingers. "My head is throbbing right now."

Kai shrugged as he replied. "Sorry. It happens that way sometimes. Everyday is not chrismas." She nodded in agreement. "You should take an aspirin to relieve the pain." She opened her eyes and peered at him.

Then she responded with a shake of her head. "I will. I think I have some in my bag."

"You should do that."

After awhile, Jedekaih brought out a textbook from his bag and dropped it on Yasmin table. "When you're feeling better, I'll need you to explain a part of the last topic to me. I don't even understand a bit of what is there." He looked away and said more to himself. "Sometimes, I wish everything was just pictures and drawings."

"That will be cool too." Yasmin agreed with a smile. "But you know that sort of thing is for babies. It's for those children in preparatory and creche." He nodded slightly. "Don't worry you've got me." She assured him, tapping on his back.

He smiled in appreciation and went back to what he was previously doing before she came back to class.

Few minutes of silence rested in their midst before Yasmin decided to break the silence. She had took the medicine for her headache and returned the rest to her bag. She leaned her arms and body on her metal table and turned to Jedekaih direction.

"Jedi, I want to ask you something?" She whispered.

Jedekaih found it a bit funny with how she looked and sounded, so he chuckled.

"What is it?" He asked.

"Did someone steal Khalid's girlfriend?"

Jedekaih covered his hand on his face and burst into laughter.

Yasmin feigned a frown at him. "It's not funny. It's just a question."

"A funny question." Kai mused. And he let out a short chuckle.

"Whatever," She said waving her hand in the air. "You've not answer my question."

"How will I know? You should ask Jesse that."

"He is your third brother. You live in the same house. Definitely, you will know or overhear something."

"Well, for your information, I didn't." He replied, shaking his head.

Yasmin twisted her mouth in a funny way, looking like she was thinking about something.

"Why did you ask?" Jedekaih question pierced through her thoughts.