10. Baby

RECAP

We talk for a while and I see someone walk to our table. She's wearing hot pink booty shorts and a pink cropped hoodie. Anyone could spot her from a mile away. Brittany.

She walks over to me "you bitch" she screams and her hand collided with my cheek. She slapped me. This bitch fucking slapped me.

She has no idea what she's gotten herself into.

........

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" Nathaniel yells at her. "Are you crazy!" Brittany yells at me ignoring King. I just sit there, confused as hell.

"what the actual fuck Brittany? what was that for?" I say trying my very best to remain calm, anger radiating from every part of my body.

"What are you doing here with my boyfriend" she says crossing her hands giving me a pointed look. "What? who're you talking about?" I say confused as ever, looking towards King who was rolling his eyes.

"I always knew you were dumb, Nathaniel you idiot" she rolls her stupid eyes. "You've got to be fucking kidding me" I look over at Nathaniel and he looks like he's about to pounce on Brittany.

"Is that the stupid reason why you fucking hit her? I'm not even your boyfriend, I can never be your boyfriend and I will never be your boyfriend okay? Never ever lay your dirty hand on her ever again am I clear? So get your stupid self and thick skull out of this place!"

He looks furious, his fists are balled so tight they're starting to turn white, his brown honey eyes are now dilated, his eyebrows are furrowed and his breaths are shallow.

"But, I love you Nathan, you kissed me the other day, you clearly love me back!"

"You delusional bitch. Don't you get it? you're useless to me, I can never like a fake ass loser like you. I only kissed you to get her attention."

Tears began to stream down her face, her eyeliner pouring down. she runs out of the ice cream shop. Everywhere suddenly became quiet, everyone staring at our direction.

I kinda feel bad for her but then again she did slap me, but I couldn't stand up for myself.

I don't even understand why he's angry, he's not the one that got slapped in the face. Wait. He just said he kissed her to get my attention? This is a whole lot to process.

I need to get out of this place. I stand up and move out of our booth taking my ice cream with me. I walk out of the shop then realize that I didn't come with my car. I turn around to see King standing behind me.

"I wanna go home, I knew coming out of my house was a bad idea" I wait at the car. He doesn't say anything and gets in. "I'm sorry for....."

"it wasn't your fault, don't apologize" I say. "Can I make it up to you?" he says looking down at his hands. "It's fine Nathaniel, just take me home" But my mom is home.

Everything is intoxicating, I cant breathe. I start to hyperventilate, I'm gonna throw up. "Cupcake, is everything okay, are you fine? what's going on"

He pulls over and I jump out of the vehicle and throw up whatever I had into a bush. Nathaniel rushes out of the car and holds my hair back. He rubs my back gently and I shiver under his touch.

He hands me a bottle of water he had in the car. I rinse my mouth and he helps me get back into the car.

"What's going on cupcake? are you okay?" He looks at me worry written all over his face. "yeah, I am, can we not go to my house. I'm not ready to see her right now" I say looking out the window.

"where'd you wanna go baby?" butterflies erupt inside my stomach. He definitely notices the effect that had on me and he smirks.

"I don't know but I just wanna go somewhere, away from here" I say trying my best to sound unfazed from his little nickname. "Wanna come to my place instead?"

Nathaniel's house? That'll be interesting. "sure"

He takes my hand in his and caresses it ever so gently. I don't complain as he speeds off. The ride to his place was filled with a comfortable silence. I slowly drift off.

........

Hey Besties!!!!
I'm so so sorry about the late update and the short chapter.
I'm having problems with my phone and I'm preparing for my final exams.
I've been terribly busy and I'm sorry.
Anywayy, Happy Reading.

Xoxo
-Shalom