Prologue

I'm going to repeat what was said in the description because I know not everyone reads the whole thing– however if you did read the description, you may skip past all this bold writing and enjoy the story :)

This is a fanfic based off of the series 'The Summer I Turned Pretty' by Jenny Han. Therefore a lot of these characters are not my own and were created by Jenny Han. However, this story is my own.

Also, just because the characters are the same and it is based in the same world, some things and minor details may change about the characters' lives. Just remember, its a fanfic, it was written for fun and if there are any mistakes, it's nothing serious. Regardless, I hope you enjoy!

~~~

I've dreamed of this day since I was a little girl. I already knew all the details. It would be summer. I would be in Cousins. It would be perfect and beautiful and my dress would be simple but elegant. 

I knew these things about my wedding would never change. This was my dream day and it was going to be perfect. 

I always thought I'd be marrying one of the Fisher boys. Specifically, I'd dreamed of marrying Conrad Fisher. Yet, after every summer, I would leave Cousins lovestruck and confused about which boy I would actually end up with in the end. I'd always wanted Conrad, but what if it wasn't meant to be?

"Are you ready, Belly?" Taylor shakes my shoulders gently and looks into my eyes. "We don't have to do this if you're not ready?" 

I shake my head slowly. "No, I'm ready. It's perfect." It was perfect. The aisle was along my favourite Cousins beach and the sunset was turning the gentle ocean waves golden. My family and friends (everyone I loved) were sat waiting for me. More specifically, he was stood there waiting for me at the altar. 

It was getting late but it wasn't cold because the air was still warm with that summer sun. It's perfect. 

I take one last look at myself in the mirror. The dress was perfect too. If only I could show everything to my younger self. She'd be over the moon. 

"I'll be right here with you." My dad appears at my side, taking ahold of my arm tightly. 

"Me too." My mom takes ahold of my other arm. 

This is perfect. 

I nod at Taylor and the ceremony begins. My dream comes true with every step I take down that aisle. 

~~~

I've never written a prologue before... 

Honest opinions only, how was it?

<3