s1, ep 6 ; ts-19 PART 1

Magsimula sa umpisa

"what about the person you were speaking with? vi?"

"vi, say hello to our guests. tell them... welcome."

"hello, guests. welcome." a robotic and monotone female voice echoed throughout the room. vi was a computer, and ai that they could talk to.

juno leaned over too glenn and whispered, "that's so cool."

"i'm all that's left." jenner frowned. "i'm sorry."

glenn leaned over to her. "that's not so cool."

"what's the point? if we were infected, we'd all be running a fever." andrea asked the doctor. they had gather into another area, waiting for their turn to get pricked.

jenner wiped andreas arm with an alcohol wipe. "i've already broken every rule in the book letting you in here. let me just at least be thorough."

juno cringed a bit watching the needle go into her arm. she wasn't scared by needles by any means, but they are a bit jarring.

"all done." jenner said a moment later.

andrea went to stand, but her knees to to collapse on her and nearly falls. carol was quick to rush forward and help her.

jenner placed an arm on her shoulder. "are you okay?"

andrea hummed, nodding her head.

"she hasn't eaten in days." said carol. "none of us have."

with a nearly fainting andrea, they were quick to finish pulling blood. not to call him out or anything, but she half expect daryl to pull a fuss and be difficult, but instead there was a little flinch and side eye aimed at the needle. did the needle hurt?

when jenner finished, he was quick off the chair a took a step back. it was juno's turn next, she wasn't too thrilled especially now after seeing daryl a little hesitant.

she sat down and rolled up the sleeve of her shirt. "don't suppose you have any lollipops, doc?" she joked as he wiped her arm.

"no, sorry."

"shame. i'd even take a grape one by this point, and grape is the worst."

the doctor chuckled, grasping her arm. jesus, why are doctor's hands always so cold?

from a bit off to the side, daryl watched closely as jenner got close with the needle. he noticed how juno shook her hands, something he noticed she seemed to do when she's nervous.

the needle pierced her skin, and juno grimaced.

daryl for a moment almost considered going her, to do what he wasn't sure, but maybe to just be a little closer would help whatever discomfort she was in. but no, that's ridiculous why would he do that?

it was about three seconds later and juno was done and out of the chair. must have stood a bit too fast, because she got a bit lightheaded and saw shiny gold stars in her vision. but she played it cool, and nobody seemed to notice.

except daryl, he noticed the pause and her little stumble.

juno held her fist out to carl, who was next. "you got this little man." he smiled and bumped her fist with his as she passed. she when to the back of the group to lean against a wall, where to stopped on rubbed her eyes, trying to stop the world from spinning.

nobody else noticed her.

except daryl.

the room erupted in laughter as the wine bottles were passed around the cafeteria table. the hoorah of celebration that was just infectious. juno smiled as she took a sip of her wine glass. she wasn't really a fan of wine, or alcohol in general, unless it was mixed with juice or something, but she's never really been a drinker, and she was worried she'd be a bit of a downer to the group if she didn't at least join them for one drink.