Chapter 10

‘Don’t worry about it my beautiful light. I know what my mother can be like. She has a habit of forcing the worst out of people. Are you really never going back to Hexside? You where so excited to go.’ I swallow.

‘No, I refuse to heal that girl and your mother has to much power. She will never let me back in. I will just go to the market with Eda and earn snails for my family with my sister.’ He smiles.

‘You really see them as your family?’ I nod.

‘Yes, I finally have a real mom. Not just a mother who wants to use me. Eda is maybe a little different and odd sometimes, but I don’t think that is a bad thing. She is true to herself and very warm and kind when you truly get to know her. I wish I was born as Eda’s daughter. Not only Eda, but King and Luz are great to. In a short amount of time they become my family and the owl house my save haven.’

Before Edric can say anything a blue hand raps himself around us. It is holding us so tight that I gasp for air. I look at the dark haired witch with green eyes. Her clothes make it clear she is from the emperors coven. Her magic is strong, but not as strong as mine or Eda’s. The only problem is if I rip this magic apart by force I might hurt Edric in the process. I take a deep breath.

‘Eda help!’ I scream out as loud as I can. A yellow light hits the dark-haired witch a immense power. The hand disappears and we fall on the ground.

‘Stay away from my kid Lilith!’ A angry Eda now runs at us. Owly grows as he jumps from her shoulder and my dad runs out of the cave. My sister floats in the air, her eyes light up with anger.

‘You tried to harm my sister! I will make you pay!’

Before my family can surround the witch even more coven witches show up and attack family. Hooty now joins the fight and I pick Edric up. I floats into the air with him and put him on the roof. ‘Stay here Edric. I will come get you when we are done.’

‘Wait Starlight I can help!’ I shake my head.

‘No Edric. Those guys are trained and dangerous. I know you can fight and defend yourself, but you are my weak spot. If the threaten you I won’t be able to fight back so please stay here.’ He nods and I jump down. Angry I start to blast the weird witches in bird maskers away with my sister while Eda is fighting the green eyed woman.

‘Give up sister you can’t win from us!’ Owly jumps at Eda and they unite. Eda’s hair turns grey, she grows wings, her legs turn into those of a bird and her eye white turns black and her hands turn into claws. She fires spells on the woman and uses great speed to hit her with her claws.

‘Edalyn how?! I thought that the curse took your power? How are you so strong?!’

I jumped her. ‘She is no longer cursed thanks to me so you can’t use it against her anymore. Now it is time to say nighty night.’ I want to hit her but a golden hand pulls me away.

‘This is something between me and my sister Starlight. Don’t interfere.’ She push me away and the other witch flies into the air on her staff.

‘Retreat now!’ She and all the others run for their life and everything calms down.

‘Dad we are not eating witches anymore!’ My sister is calming our dad down and pulls the coven bird guys free from his goop.

With the last one she heisted and sniffs him. ‘What are you? You are neither witch nor demon.’ I step closer to them and pull the bird mask. Blue eyes looks at us both scared and confused. Under his dark purple hair he has one white horn. I sniff the guy now to.

‘O I know. He is a half-blood like us. The different is he is half demon and we are half human. Let’s cut him lose.’ After I cut him lose he grabs the mask and runs away as fast as he can.

‘Where they here for us?’

‘No kid, they where here for me but they now know you two exist. I don’t know if you are longer save here.’ Eda looks at us worried.

‘Don’t worry about us Eda. We can handle them together.’

‘Starfall is right. We are bot scared of them anymore. I will get Edric down now.’ I float up and take Edric from the roof.

‘I think it will be better if I take you home now Edric.’ He shakes his head.

‘I am not going back there. Not until mom lets you back into school. Eda can I please stay here for the time being?’ Eda nods.

‘Do whatever you want kid, I don’t care. I am going inside. Just remember that if you hurt one of my kids that I will make you pay. Understood?’ He nods and Eda walks inside.

Everyone else also goes inside and Edric and I walk up to the cliff. I dangle my feet over the cliff and Edric sits down beside me. ‘I Edric are you sure you want to stay here? You can’t see your family here and if you don’t go to school you won’t be able to see your sisters either.’ He signs.

‘My parents don’t care about me. Unlike you, I don’t have a family to go home to. Sure I have my sisters, but they both have their own lives. Em wants some space and me and mittens where never really that close. I never likes school, it was way to easy for me. Also not going will be the only way to get their attention. It will affect their reputation and it will be they only way to get them to listen to me. I am not going until they let you back in. I know it was your dream and I don’t miss it one bit so I can’t care how long I have to wait.’ I take his hand.

‘Edric you are my partner. That makes you part of my family and I am sure they will love you ones they get to know you better.’ He hugs me and smiles.

‘Thanks my light.’