Chapter 13: Another encounter...

(Vector)

This can not be real.
It must be part of our imagination.
A huge Sonic with tentacles blacker than Oil Ocean was staring at us.
A feeling of disgust and fear was taking over me, accompanied by a strong anger and the frustration of not being able to defeat that thing, despite all our efforts...

"I'm asking seriously, will this ever end?" I reflected.

"Bring the missing ones. We need them here now!" Knuckles ordered. It reminded me a lot of his time as leader of the Chaotix.

"Espio, go get Tails and Cream. I'll go get the doctor and get-" At that moment, Sonic and Eggman arrived.

"Can someone explain to us what the hell is that thing over there?!" Sonic asked.
Espio quickly left for the control area where we had been a matter of minutes ago.

"It's Exebi! I've been telling you since we saw him come out of wherever the hell he came from!" The doctor replied.

"For the first time, Eggman is right about something." A cavernous and familiar voice echoed throughout the city.

We looked at Exebi, but the creature hadn't moved. He hadn't even raised his head.

"Behind you, you blind pieces of shit."

We turn to see a Sonic with a standard height, with red and black colors on his body. Part of its quills and pieces of its ears were detaching from its body. The atmosphere around it smelled like a rotting corpse, and a red and black cloud accompanied by black halos swirled around the monster.

Despite his creepy presentation and new form, we were so fed up with Exeller that we weren't even afraid anymore.

"How long are you going to stick with my form? This is already a level of freeloading on my form..." Sonic replied, frowning.

"I see you like jokes. I don't think you're going to laugh when I explain what awaits you." Exeller started. "Finally, thanks to the stupidity of this naive echidna, I was able to put the master emerald in a trance, and I sent you weaklings where I really wanted."

"What?! But Hidden Palace is a sacred place that cannot be desecrated by demons!" Knuckles exclaimed.

"And it was! Until I dealt with one of the obstacles that got in my way at the worst possible time. Thanks to it, I got the power I needed for me to enter in your temple."

At that moment, Exeller took out the head of a chestnut lynx, which was missing all its teeth and one of its eyes.
I couldn't recognize it.
At the same time, Tails and Cream joined the group, but Espio was not with them.
Cream, seeing what he was carrying Exeller in his hands, covered her mouth in horror.

"...That's...Rox?" She muttered.

"Exactly. Apparently, this brat escaped from the Death Egg's explosion and wanted to protect you. How ironic! Anybody that tried to protect you has died: Your mother, your Chao, Tails Doll, this thing..."

"Don't listen to it Cream. It's designed to break our morale." Amy whispered.

“Anyway, I lose the thread of the story, I also tried to kill you in that moment of concentration, pathetic equidna, but the Master Emerald still had the strength to protect you. I couldn't corrupt her as long as you focused on her energy, so I couldn't finish you off, Knucklehead. I wonder what type of guardian are you... What would your clan think? Oh, sorry, I forgot! It's all dead!"