Chapter 9: Monsters and storms.

(Vector)

"Yo! Anybody here?!" I shouted.

I was completely lost at those hills. Where the hell were the rest? I hope everybody is alive after that crash...and if they are alive, I hope they all are in one piece.

I jumped over some lakes of lava, I went through a cave and ran from an earthquake: The usual at Hill Top.

When I got out of the cave, I found myself at the edge of a cliff.
Suddenly, the sky lit with a potent lightning, and a tremendous sound was heard everywhere.
I looked at the sky. I saw those compact, black clouds that made the sky black: A thunderstorm started.
It wasn't raining, but loud thunders and vibrant lightnings were there, constantly, making loud sounds and bright, short lights.
A strong wind started that almost pulled me off the cliff.

I took a deep breath and jumped off the cliff, landing on my feet at the ground.

"If I just could find the rest of the Chaotix...The alive ones." I thought.

Suddenly, I saw something laying on the floor, like a shapeless bump on the ground.
It had the same size as Charmy...

"Oh no...Charmy..?" I muttered.

As I got near it, I sensed some...special energy.
I grabbed it from the floor and checked it: It was a bag full of something heavy that sounded like crystals bumping into each other when I shook them.

I opened the bag, and the special light of the Chaos Emeralds lit my face.
It was so unexpected and amazing...I barely had words.

"Put that down." That voice...
I turned around. I saw a tall shadow at the left, at the entrance of another cave.

"Robotnik! You are alive?"

"What? Vector!" Another voice said. This time, it was the voice of the queen Acorn.

"Your Highness!" I exclaimed.

"Oh, so you are alive! I thought you were one of Exeller's demons..." Robotnik got a bit closer to me, and so did Sally.

We all saw the emeralds.
Sally put the hand in the bag and took one of them.
I looked at her. Her face reflexed amaze and hope.

"Perfect! We can defeat the demon with these!" She exclaimed.

"We?"

"Yeah, we-" I started.
However, I turned my face to the doctor, only to find he was holding a strange-looking gun in front of my face.

"It's funny that you use "we". Better if we use "I" instead. I'll be taking those gems, and get them back to my base."

I remained silent.

"Take it easy, put your hands up." He ordered me.

"Doctor, what are you-" Sally started.

"Shut up, Queen. I'm with Vector now."
As told, I dropped the bag, and put my hands up.

"As told, I dropped the bag, and put my hands up