Chapter 2: Metropolis.

(Tails)

I ran to the communication room of the base as I heard the beep at the computer. Maybe it was Sonic! It has been a long time since I last saw him!

I got in the computer. It was a message...From Sally?
It was weird. Since the encounter with Exeller, I rarely saw her.

I answered to the message, but instead of Sally's face, I saw Knuckles'.

"Knuckles? Why are you using Sally's communicator?" I asked, a bit confused.

"It was very important, and we had to communicate to you fast. Where are you, in Green Hill?" He asked.

"No, I'm at the underground base of Freedom City, at the computer room." I answered. He sighed in despair.

What was wrong?

"Did anything happened that is so urgent for me to be there?" I asked.

"Umm...Well, Tails... It's very delicate. Let Sally tell you." He said.

"Knuckles." I said seriously.

"Exeller is back. Sonic got possessed again..." He said shortly.

That took me some time to process.
Exeller was back? And he had possessed Sonic again?
But how the demon escaped? And why he did it again?

"Tails? Are you there?" Knuckles asked.

"Yeah, yeah. I was thinking...And how do you know?" I said, trying to not have a breakdown.

"He attacked Sally at Marble Garden. Luckily, we escaped thanks to a black ring she found. At least we know one of his weaknesses..."

Black ring? I never saw one of those, but I felt like it wasn't the first time I ever heard about that...

"Ok, at least we have a little advantage. And how is Sally?" I asked, worried.

"No worries, she is ok. Right Sally?" Knuckles called. "I am!" I heard her saying.
I sighed in relief.

"We need something more. If we had at least one of the chaos emeralds..." He replied.

Suddenly, I heard some familiar beep near me. The energy detector had detected some energy.

I believed it was the dark energy of the demon...But it seems that whoever is controlling the world has heard me.

"Knuckles, luck heard us. I am detecting a chaos emerald!" I exclaimed in excitement.

"What?! Yes!! Hell yes!" Knuckles celebrated.

"What happened?" Sally asked, showing herself on the screen. "Hi there, Tails!" She waved at me.

"Tails found a Chaos emerald by the energy detector!" Knuckles said.

"No way! Where is it?" Sally asked, excited.

I consulted the detector. It indicated the gem was in Metropolis Zone. But...

"Wait... it's moving!? No, no, no! Exeller got advantage!" I said frustrated.

"Oh, come on! How can we follow him?" Sally said.