"So I'm not acting like a man?" I wrap my arms around myself as Tiberius taps his watch and leaves us, I knew he needed to get back, I knew that this was the concern of bringing me with him. I was needy at times, I was the only one able to call his attention for any amount of time outside of his 'mission'. Verando steps quickly to the clothing rail, pulling out a new pair of black tattered slim fit jeans.

Shimmying into them, he considers his words wisely. "I'm telling you that I don't understand this." Patience echos in his tone, forcing himself to drop his irritation. "I'm telling you that this side of you worries me because it seems as if you are going to do whatever it is you'd like to do with or without my consent." Fidgeting with his belt and tightening it over his hips, I'm surprised that he'd allow himself to be crammed into low rise, hip-hugger jeans. 

Communication is what I'd always asked him for, yet he was trying to communicate with me and I was turning on him because I was upset. It wasn't fair and I knew that. Two women and one man come in as he pulls on a leather vest and I realize he's going out there shirtless save for the vest. Sitting in a chair, one of the women gets to work on fixing his hair into a more messy style. The black roots, blend in a smokey haze out to the gray tips, I shiver at the thought of what lurked beneath. 

"You feel out of control enough as it is and I'm pushing you," I conclude, pursing my lips as I cross my arms over my chest. The discomfort of people touching him, dealing with the prep as the other woman darkens around his eyes with a quick set of eyeliner and eyeshadow. I knew it was excruciating to let people be so close, to be so vulnerable as the male lead plucks at the chain and mumbled that they couldn't hide the bruising on his neck. 

"You should get more tattoos, Mr.Mercer. This looks awesome." The woman fixing his hair attempts. 

Verando says nothing, just watching me in the mirror as I take in the scene of gritted teeth and tension. Exhaling, I quickly resume my roll as his lover, as his protector, and move to stand before him next to the woman doing the eye liner. "Show me how to do that?" I ask. I was the least I could do, if I was going to be making his life difficult, I could help him in any way possible and one of those would be taking over the task of touching him. 

My wolf didn't like it either, it would be easy enough to take over the responsibility. Once he was done, Verando turned to get to work on lacing up his boots while I adjust a few of the stray tangles in his touseled curls. "Tiberius didn't ask permission to dress you this way." I attempt to make light of the situation.

One of the women looks surprised, "It's an after-hours set, Mr.Mercer has quite the following of female fans and there's been some pushback that he doesn't sing the songs Tiberius is most known for. This is actually reserved for how they usually dress, but this is the bible belt after all... not very many people want to see full frontal in this state."

My eyes widen as I blink wildly. "Naked?!" I squeak. 

Verando scoffs, standing as I take in the way the vest doesn't come past his ribs, leaving it open to expose his chest. The man had never had a problem being nude, it was his preference back in our time. "Darling, he and Keeta have had sex on stage during a concert. They're Sirens, love.." Taking my face in his hands, he presses his lips to mine in a firm yet chaste kiss. "Just don't get used to this... whatever you'd call this outfit. It's absolutely atrocious."

I actually liked it. The male lead hands him a set of fingerless gloves and Verando rolls his eyes heavily. "Rendering these gloves useless to chop the damned fingers off... why have gloves to sing?"

"It's a looks thing, sir..." He retorts, stepping out of the way of the door. 

"The word you're looking for is aesthetics. Poorly reason, I should say."