75 ~ [This Can't Be Him!]

Start from the beginning

* * * * * *

LEERA POV

I broke apart from my sleep as the sunlight directly hit my eyes through the window ajar. His side of bed is empty. Maybe he didn't come home last night? Is he grieving his father's death? I thought but he didn't like him enough for that either. He didn't reply to my messages and calls last night and eventually I fell asleep because of tiredness.

I spent my whole yesterday with Elena, consoling her for her father's death. How bad she weeped for the father who didn't even care for her. I felt dejected seeing her in that condition. But truly his death was so terrifying and scared me to the core when I heard about the incident. I asked her to move in with us but she refused saying she wants to live in that mansion for now. I just hope she is better now.

It's quite early. I checked my phone to see if he called back or left any message but sadly there was nothing. The first thing I did is cleaning myself up and then getting downstairs I went to the kitchen to get a glass of water.

"Goodmorning Mrs. Pavano." The housekeeper greets me.
"Goodmorning. Did Azezal come home?" I ask her as I pour water in glass, knowing well that I'll get a no in answer.

I gulp down water and halt in the procedure when she says, "Yeah. He's in the gym I guess." I feel relief washing down my soul. Setting down the glass I immediately rush towards the gym which is opposite of the swimming pool area.

Reaching the entrance, my feet cease at the door watching him doing pullups. He's wearing a trouser with no shirt on, bare chested. His back is facing me. His back muscles flex with every slight movement he makes. This version of him is devilishly sexy at another level and I know I shouldn't be thinking about it now but I can't help myself.

As if he can notice my presence, he gets down from the pull-up bar. "You woke up too early today." He says as he grabs his protein shake and chugs down the whole bottle at once.
"Where did you disappear last night? You Didn't answer my calls and messages." I query him with worry evident in my voice.

He sat down on a bench tossing the bottle down on the mat. "Come here." He utters glaring at me. I listen to him as I move forward and sit on his lap after he gestured me to. His hands wrap around my waist, securing me in place. "I'm sorry for yesterday Amore"

I lick my bottom lip not knowing what to respond him. "I know how much you love what you do and I shouldn't have said what I said. I just couldn't explain it to you properly. You can continue your education and career but not now. It's very risky. You can understand that after yesterday's car incident, can't you? That's why I'm asking you to wait for some time. Until I get them in my hands. Then you can do everything you want, I would never stop you."

"What do they want from us? Why are they doing these?" My hands wrap around his neck as I hug him. Tears make their way out, down my eyes and I can't help weeping "I'm scared, Aze. I'm scared."

"Nothing will happen to you love. I'm always here for you, you know that. If anyone wants to harm you, they have to pass through my dead body first." More tears rush down my eyes.

I can't breath as I keep sobbing silently, "That's what I'm scared of. I'm not scared for myself. I'm scared for you."

"I'll be safe. I'm always with you, Leera. Nothing will happen to me." He tells me with assurance but still the ominous feeling isn't letting me take a peaceful breath.